• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce MacKinnon on the "Muslim Ban"  http://thechronicleherald.ca/editorial-cartoon/2017-02-02-editorial-cartoon

mariomike said:
Sounds Orwellian!  :)

"pro-Trump troll armies that police Facebook and Twitter."

"President Trump communicates with the people directly via his Twitter account, ushering his supporters toward favorable information at Fox News or Breitbart."

If you want to read something truly scary, I direct you to the last paragraph of this article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-kirkland-hate-speech-arrest-1.3961198

"The force is hiring 55 people whose jobs will include monitoring social media sites for hate speech."

The current Democrat boycotts of the committee confirmation hearings is quite the show. It is going to be a real howdy do when they get to the hearings for the supreme court justice. This piece posted a couple of days ago is very entertaining since Nancy Pelosi was credited with torching the court nominee. https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-torches-scotus-pick-gorsuch-in-cnn-town-hall-right-after-trump-announcement-032356717.html She doesn't get a vote in the proceedings though so it is just hot air.

ModlrMike said:
If you want to read something truly scary, I direct you to the last paragraph of this article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-kirkland-hate-speech-arrest-1.3961198

"The force is hiring 55 people whose jobs will include monitoring social media sites for hate speech."

Welcome to the new and improved Canada.  Please email us your passwords as you change them, thank you citizen.

Holy crap, 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual.

Loosen your tin foil hats it must be too tight. :)
The Donald had a testy conversation with Australian PM Turnbull over migrants.He hung up on Turnbull,but with typical Aussie humor he just said that Trump did an alt-goodbye.Needless to say Australia will be keeping their migrants.

kkwd said:
So Trump will have to send his minions directly to your hovel to punch your lights out.

If you want to come up to Canada and try it yourself, let me know.

kkwd said:
Another work of fantasy. Maybe good for a session in the "reading room". Anyway, Facebook and Twitter will be dead by 2021. So Trump will have to send his minions directly to your hovel to punch your lights out. By then Fox will be the only survivor of the ratings wars. CNN will be a home shopping channel and MSNBC will be no more. ;D

mariomike said:
If you want to come up to Canada and try it yourself, let me know.

The playground is closed. Start acting like adults.

---STAFF---

mariomike said:
Sounds Orwellian!  :)

"pro-Trump troll armies that police Facebook and Twitter."

"President Trump communicates with the people directly via his Twitter account, ushering his supporters toward favorable information at Fox News or Breitbart."

‘Heil’ Trump, Emperor of The World…M.M. that’s light compared too others I’ve seen, on FB, you have closed Trump groups, wolf packs spreading the word and devouring any that stand in their way.

Trump_zpsigjnkfp9.jpg

C.U.

Too the Mods after 3 hrs waiting before the doors opened, kindly allow me to decompress.

What’s the point getting your knickers all in a bun, for something soooo trivial, and the fact this is Radio Chatter, not a serous category on Army/Milnet.ca. We’re all entitled to an opinion, don’t stick-poke the member, although argue the post.

The Mods can remove if they wish…

C.U.

Rifleman62 said:
Will this include violations of Quebec Bill 101?

Violate QC Bill 101...There will be hell too pay, :alarm: Nous allons envoyer; “Les Fils des la langue Française” aka “Les Fils de la Liberté” from the 1837-38 Rebellion resurrected. Like the American Patriots the “Hunters” once they crossed were repelled faster then wind across the border. [lol:

C.U.

Chispa said:
Too the Mods after 3 hrs waiting before the doors opened, kindly allow me to decompress.

What’s the point getting your knickers all in a bun, for something soooo trivial, and the fact this is Radio Chatter, not a serous category on Army/Milnet.ca. We’re all entitled to an opinion, don’t stick-poke the member, although argue the post.

The Mods can remove if they wish…

C.U.

Trust me, nothing you post gets my panties in a twist.
Yes, it's Radio Chatter. That does not mean that you can run around here posting like a child.
Leave it alone and move on.

Well, I am sssoooo thankful than the Donald was elected President!

Until now, I hadn't realized that highly educated, sophisticated and hyper competent senior civil servants, politicians and diplomats of the USA had managed to screw up every single past treaty and "deal" they made on behalf of their nation. All of them terrible! Just terrible! not a single good one in the history of the country so far.

Thank the gods Donald is there to save us now.

He'll set it right ... and the world will stop abusing the poor USA as they have all done in the past.

/SARC OFF

recceguy said:
Trust me, nothing you post gets my panties in a twist.
Yes, it's Radio Chatter. That does not mean that you can run around here posting like a child.
Leave it alone and move on.

Thank U kindly, U got that right.

C.U.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Well, I am sssoooo thankful than the Donald was elected President!

Until now, I hadn't realized that highly educated, sophisticated and hyper competent senior civil servants, politicians and diplomats of the USA had managed to screw up every single past treaty and "deal" they made on behalf of their nation. All of them terrible! Just terrible! not a single good one in the history of the country so far.

Thank the gods Donald is there to save us now.

He'll set it right ... and the world will stop abusing the poor USA as they have all done in the past.

/SARC OFF

Every administration seeks to alter treaties and deals and methods of operation when they come to power to tailor the government to their vision of it. This administration just does that "louder" than others. Previous administrations would do the deed and then have a Friday afternoon document dump and let people find out about it that way. Trump is a showman and likes to do things in public view, is that not good? That is not including secret stuff, you know, even Barnum would keep that safe.

kkwd said:
Every administration seeks to alter treaties and deals and methods of operation when they come to power to tailor the government to their vision of it. This administration just does that "louder" than others. Previous administrations would do the deed and then have a Friday afternoon document dump and let people find out about it that way. Trump is a showman and likes to do things in public view, is that not good? That is not including secret stuff, you know, even Barnum would keep that safe.

Nothing wrong with being a showman, but the least he could do is take an appropriate amount of time to ensure that it is implemented with minimal problems. Consulting with the experts in the field would have been a good start. The 5 P's were ignored to their detriment.

Chispa said:
Thank U kindly, U got that right.

C.U.

If you really want to see his panties catch fire call a magazine a clip  ;D

Trump is carrying out his political promises and getting shit done.  227,000 jobs in the US in the month of January alone.  If people want to keep crying and stay triggered then they should stay in the basement and let working Americans get on with their lives.

Jarnhamar said:
Trump is carrying out his political promises and getting shit done.  227,000 jobs in the US in the month of January alone.  If people want to keep crying and stay triggered then they should stay in the basement and let working Americans get on with their lives.

In what sectors, and how many of those were created in the last days of the Obama administration?  227K jobs don't just appear overnight (or in 11 days since the Inauguration).

Trump has had an influence since early December. He has influenced Carrier and other companies to not export jobs, but more importantly he has created an atmosphere of confidence in companies to expand and hire.....whatever the the social media pout about, he has been good for the business climate in the US.

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back