• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Two Interviews for the Reserve?

chipinator

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for artillery officer in the primary reserve with the 7th Toronto Regiment, RCA.

I was recently given the news that I'll be having an interview with an officer from the unit next week, but was then told that I will have to have my medical exam as well as another interview with the recruiting centre at some point after that.

After looking through the application process samples, I couldn't find too many cases of applicants for the reserves having to take two interviews. Is this the norm or just an exception?

Thanks a lot!

Yes this is normal.

All Reserve applicants will generally have 2 interviews - depending on the unit you will have an informal interview prior to submitting your application to join the unit. This is to ensure that you understand your trade and understand what it means to be an officer and you agree to enter into that occupation. It is also to ensure that the unit has vacancies to take you on as an ArtyO as well as ensuring that you would make a good choice in investing time and money into you through recruitment and training. The unit may also choose to do a formal interview.

You will also go through the rest of the standard recruitment steps as everyone else: Aptitude Test, Medical Exam, Background Check, Interview, and Fitness Test.

Thanks for the information, I've completed all the steps up to the medical/interview, so that's why I was initially caught off guard by the two interviews. This clears it up!

This is weird I am in the recruitment process. I have finished up my medical and just awaiting my interview. I was only given one interview date.

On a side note do you know when the summer BMQ is should be be successful in your application (start and end dates).

Reserve6 said:
This is weird I am in the recruitment process. I have finished up my medical and just awaiting my interview. I was only given one interview date.

You are not applying for an officer position.  It is much simpler for a non-officer spot to be filled in a Reserve unit, with a simple visit to the unit Recruiter usually sufficing as "the interview" by which you are then given the information to go to the CFRC and start your application process.  The CFRC will conduct the interview.

If you are applying as an officer to a Reserve unit, the unit will have a formal interview to deem if you are going to meet their requirements and fit their ideals as an officer in their unit.  They are much more selective of whom they will accept to fill the few positions they may have for officers.

Reserve6 said:
On a side note do you know when the summer BMQ is should be be successful in your application (start and end dates).

As the Recruiting process, as mentioned in numerous other threads, may take some time, you may not be in luck in getting on a summer BMQ.  Stay in touch with the CFRC and your unit to see how your application is progressing.

Reserve6 said:
Furthermore even if there is a BMQ running on dates X-Y your brigrade, let alone unit needs to have spots for it in order for you take it. Aswell there may be people who are already sworn in at your unit but haven't been loaded on a BMQ, so unless they can't go on it they will take priority.

Don't stress about when you will do BMQ, even in the reserve world BMQs happen fairly frequently

Back