• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TV 37" LCD

observor 69

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
How do I get it home from the store ? I think I can get it in my car but I hear rumours that I if I lay it flat I'll damage it.

I want a 37" Sony Bravia under my tree.  :)

Thanks for any advice.

If you lay it flat for a very short duration, say about 5-10 minutes, and then let it stand for a minimum of 3 hours it should be fine.

Try this site for more information and buying tips, reviews and the like. I used it during my search.

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/

I now have a Toshiba Regza 42" LCD after my searches and for the discounts I haggled for it was well worth it.

Regards

Baden  Guy said:
How do I get it home from the store ? I think I can get it in my car but I hear rumours that I if I lay it flat I'll damage it.

I want a 37" Sony Bravia under my tree.  :)

Thanks for any advice.

Talk to your local TPT rep and see if you can get a 5 ton to help. Okay may be over kill on that.

May be you can lay the TV upright in the rear seats? Or on the floor of the rear seats? Is it a flat one?

Regards,
Schultz

Sgt  Schultz said:
Talk to your local TPT rep and see if you can get a 5 ton to help. Okay may be over kill on that.

May be you can lay the TV upright in the rear seats? Or on the floor of the rear seats? Is it a flat one?

Regards,
Schultz

Let's see......5 Ton SMP or Stake......Misuse of DND property......Chargable Offence.

37" LCD Screen in packing box.  How wide is your car?  How much clearance in height do you have?  Can you see anything through your mirrors?

LCD = Flat              ;D

Major electronics stores will have a delivery company that they frequently use. Takes a couple days, and 20-30 bucks (at least in the market I worked in)- but it solves your problem.

Other then that, borrow a minivan or truck from a friend. Do not lay down unless absolutely necessary - and if you really need to, lay on it's back. As for 5-10 minutes being safe... well lets just say I've unloaded a number of pallets that had traveled for much much much longer then that halfway across the world with several laying down on the top of the pile. They actually are a lot more resilient then people are scared of..... but I still don't like to risk it too much with my own. (I also saw one fall 20 feet in-box and stay intact, but I wouldn't do it to my TV)

George Wallace said:
Let's see......5 Ton SMP or Stake......Misuse of DND property......Chargable Offence.

Not like I've been ding with that before...  ::)

Recce has the right idea, if you lie it flat for a short duration and then let it stand for a good amount of time before turning it on you will be fine. LCD's nowadays have little to no damage caused from being layed flat. From my days as a merchandiser at Future Shop I have seen LCD's come in on skids that have been there for days laying on their side. I always recommended 12 hours when I would load a LCD on its side into a customer's vehicle, Although that can be a long long time when you are staring at a brand new high def tv :)

It's plasma's you need to really worry about, you lay them down and the gas inside will slowly escape, don't ask me how this is just what I was informed from the Home Theatre guru's.

Never knew that lying it flat could cause damage... you learn something new every day!

Back