• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Troops begin combat operations in New Orleans

Even is this desperate situation, I think COMBAT is too harsh of a word. Personally I look at it as 'aid to the civil power' to keep a small number of beligerants under control, and that includes KILLING these people to protect one's self or others for that matter, then so be it.

The entire mission is to restore the city, evacuate those that want to go, sadly account for those killed, and to keep law and order.

Whatever one wants to call it, the behaviour of these so called rebel evacuees is terrible, and in many ways is beyond belief, even for me to comprehend. I NEVER would have thought this would happen to such a degree in today's USA. It's a national disgrace for America, and I am sure many are totally disgusted in the behaviour of the bad guys.

Although I can agree with taking of certain materiels to sustain survival (food water and basic needs stuff), goods such as clothes, guns, TVs stereos ( all by the tonne) and other material in BULK etc, is noting but PLAIN looting. I also agree with the right to defend and arm ones self against the lawless lowlifes who patrol streets, terrorising citizens, and just being nothing but bad news. Hunt 'em down and put them out of their miserable lives. These rebels are the dregs of the city's society. They know that, and they know the Police and Army know that too.

I know if I had chosen to ride things out, and was hunkered down in my house, and an armed band of roving scumbags decided to break into my home, they be having one BIG suprise, and it would be their last. Good on the local people who have chosen to stay with their properties and have armed themselves (whole neighbourhoods banding together) to protect thier lives and homes.

Regards,

Wes

The Louisiana National Guard's term not the active Army. I think the bravado is to make up for deficiencies in other areas.

Lt. General Honore seems to be stealing the show, and I will admit that he is a breath of fresh air when compared to all the other sobbing, finger-pointing, somebody-else-do-something types that have been cluttering up the airwaves.

more time and effort is being dispensed by political types who are trying to shift the blame away from themselves and their bosses.

I read that Dubya is going to lead the investigation that will dish out the blame behind the failure........... anyone wanna guess who's gonna be whitewashed?

yeah, it's all Bush's fault.  ::)

Personally, I find that the person who starts yelling the most, the loudest, and first, is usually the one with the most to hide. hint: rhymes with "Mayor Nagin"

interesting, but unverified:

This is a post from a fellow over in Merritt Is, FL, a reporter who's been researching what went on before the storm hit:
Snopes is looking into it.

Edited by Moderator to remove bulk of quoted article - see linked hoax site (below) if interested.

tomahawk6 said:
The Louisiana National Guard's term not the active Army. I think the bravado is to make up for deficiencies in other areas.

Perhaps an example of "Information Operations" (i.e. using info instead of bullets ...)

In this example, if the incoming forces were to say "Relief Operations" ... it sounds soft, and perhaps a target for punks taking potshots ...

However, a little "sabre-rattling" and, Presto!  The spectre of a large, strong incoming force who aren't going to put up with harassing fire ... and more than capable of out-gunning punks with pea-shooters ...

Info Ops are useful in avoiding casualties by intimidating the bad guys.
So ... I'm with LGen Honore:  Talk tough, and discourage incoming fire on my troops.

I had the pleasure of working under the LTG when he took over 2ID in Korea back in '00-01; his is referred to as "The Ragin' Cajun'"....couldn't have picked a better leader for the NO operation.  IMO he is the genuine article

V/R
MTAB

paracowboy said:
interesting, but unverified:

Snopes is looking into it.

According to Snopes, it's false.  Didn't seem right.  There were plenty of mistakes made by both of those two, but nothing quite as criminal as what this "article" describes.

48Highlander said:
According to Snopes, it's false.   Didn't seem right.   There were plenty of mistakes made by both of those two, but nothing quite as criminal as what this "article" describes.
admins, can we get rid of the original, then?

Honore is not in charge of the National Guard troops, just the active forces. He has the 82d troopers doing patrols without mag's in their weapon's so as not to appear threatening. Early on the plan was for Honore to command all active/NG troops but the Governor didnt want to give up control.

Back