• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trooping the Color 2016

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
I really enjoy these ceremonies the pomp and pageantry is quite well done.This year the Queen is enjoying her 90th birthday and she is the longest reigning monarch in British history I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb9hrWbb2NI

Agreed. And she is the longest reigning monarch in British history. She is also the Queen of Canada. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the link.  Very enjoyable show, nobody does it better than the British Army when it comes to this.

Yeah! Didn't think they still had that many horses in the "inventory"  :)

Should be lesson for all you folks that always want to dispose of older "toys" when we get new ones: they can still have their use  ;D.

Long live the Queen of Canada - and if her mother is anything to go by, she will set a reign duration record that will stand for ages.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Yeah! Didn't think they still had that many horses in the "inventory"  :)

Should be lesson for all you folks that always want to dispose of older "toys" when we get new ones: they can still have their use  ;D.

Long live the Queen of Canada - and if her mother is anything to go by, she will set a reign duration record that will stand for ages.
Hear hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the whole ceremony yesterday.
Very well done by the Army and I really like how they have adjusted their drill to accommodate the shorter rifles.

A little disappointed with Mansbridge that he didn't give a little more background on the Coldstream Guards (especially their crucial role at Waterloo), also when the horse regiments paraded there was along awkward silence. He could have mentioned the difference between the artillery and the Life Guards and the Blues and Royals (have I got that right?)

Finally it was beautiful to see the "Uniformed" look of the regiments, unlike our "Coats of many colours" parades we have here in Canada.  [:mad:

edit - Just watched the efficient removal of the member of the colour guard who bit it. I thought that since he got to move around a bit more than the rest of the troops that he would have been the last to thunder in. But then I have never worn that massive pelt on my head either. Hope he is okay.  :salute:

FSTO said:
Finally it was beautiful to see the "Uniformed" look of the regiments, unlike our "Coats of many colours" parades we have here in Canada.  [:mad:

We tried that, then MND Coates moved away from the single CAF uniform  >:D

And HRH's dress is apparently a perfect Chromakey green, leading to some photo retouching... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3637510/Twitter-users-compared-Queen-s-outfit-green-screen.html

dapaterson said:
We tried that, then MND Coates moved away from the single CAF uniform  >:D
Now you are just being a jackass! :)

dapaterson said:
And HRH's dress is apparently a perfect....

HRH = His/Her Royal Highness, a title for Princes and Princesses

HM = His/Her Majesty, a title reserved for the monarch. 

The Queen has not been HRH for a very long time.  :2c:

Edit:  I had the privilege to attend the first of the two rehearsals for this year's Queens' Birthday Parade, the Major-General's Review (winning tickets via ballot) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back