• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tribute Poems

beautiful poem. am i right in thinking it was published in last weeks Western Sentinel? hats off to you MG :salute:

Thank you everyone.It still amazes me that I could take what my heart was feeling and put it on paper. I don't ever want to have a day like that again, so to the men and women serving over in the sand box..... Please take care of each other. It breaks my heart each time I hear that we lose another Canadian.

Great poem granny, I wish the last eight lines could be said about my youg lad, but my prayers are with the ones that will be able to "come home"

Dave  :salute: :'(

As I sit as a Father,
as proud as I can be.

For I have a son in the army,
who will be standing up for me.

I know he will face great danger,
in land that's far away.

His heart will be for his homeland,
but his deeds will be  over there.

He wants to make a difference,
for people that never had much luck.

They deserve a better lifestyle,
that he has enjoyed so much.

As I sit here as a Father,
as proud as I can be.

My son is making an effort,
to help these people out.

So why are so many Canadians,
full of questions and doubt.

He spoke to me about his desire,
to give a helping hand.

I told him not to worry,
for I truly understand.

There are those among us,
that will never have a life.

Do what your heart is telling you,
because you always do what's right.

For you are a Canadian Soldier,
who is always there to help.

You will be making a difference,
though people don't understand.

That you are a Canadian Soldier,
its time to make a stand.

God Bless you son, the soldier,
now go and do what's right.

For I will be sitting here as a Father,
as proud as I can be.

Very nice GUNS - I am sure your son appreciates the support and understanding.

muffin

As a father who just had a son come back and one just going over...thanks

Gord

I wrote this a while ago and I wanted to share it with everyone before I headed to sleep. Hope that you all enjoy it and feel free to pass it on to anyone if you like it.

Yellow Ribbons

~Somewhere in the Valley, there's a house where dreams remain, and wait for you to return into my arms again. Past the stained glass windows, and the porch swing where we dreamed there is a yellow ribbon, I tied around a tree.

~It's stood strong through every rainstorm, and the raindrops have fallen like my tears. And the sunshine dries the raindrops from the ribbon, and our memories dry my tears.

~Somehow the trees stand, like soldiers themselves. Lining the streets of our town. With sacred yellow ribbons, wrapped around in thier own embrace.

~Some people will stare in wonder, others will just drive by. Others will shed a tear, and remember those who have died.

~The ribbons give us hope, and a sence of strength inside. And the trees will give thier own honor, as thier branches reach into the sky.

~So as I sit here praying, and taking life's tasks day by day, your ribbon will remain until you're in my arms again.

~Rebecca

Very well done Guns. With your permission, I would like to share this with some friends on another board.

Feel free to use it.

Its for all those who have sons or daughters or relatives with the military.

:crybaby:
can I send that to my mom? It's beautiful, man.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a lump in their throat after reading this.  Well done.
:salute:

This is a true beauty.
The words are flowing out nicely.
Quite talented.

Back