• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Treatment of gays through BMQ and Service?

To be honest here, IT really should be "checked at the door" just like anyone else.
I don't want to hear about a LBGT sexual encounters just like I don't want to hear about anyone else's sexual encounters.

I served with 3-4 Gay guys and a lesbian.  All were stand up members of the CF and all did their jobs to the best of their abilities.

The rest really doesn't matter.

If you want to hop in a pink too-too and dance at the local club with glitter paint on your face, I have zero problem with that type of action.

What you do on your own time is none of my business.

Besides we aren't in 1970, if you are discriminated against or beaten because you are LBGT, then enjoy never working another day in your life and seeing the people involved face some hefty legal battles.  I believe it falls under the "Hate crime" legislation that is out there now and people face some nasty punishments.

We've talked about service members and "it doesn't matter, don't care, do your job, and you'll be fine" seems to be the consensus.

Here's a question for those in the know: What about spouses/partners? 

Id imagine he's asking how the partners of the gay members are treated by others on base...

Back