• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transferring from reserve MP to Reg MP

Sounds to me the kid didn't waste the army's time OR money.  He would have hat to do BMQ and SQ to become an MP anyway right?

No the only thing I said was to honour his commitment, which just happened to be the infantry. If he originally joined as a postie and wanted to change right after basic I would say the same thing! You should really pay attention to what is written and try not to read into a post nothing that is there!

I'm going to wade in on this mess, but only with a bit of advice that has been passed down since the beginning of the internet:

(Edited for content. Apologies to those offended)  :-\

Come on guys, (2 cdo and Ex-Dragoon) you both are in/have been in the service. If it's really that important to argue about it... take it to private messaging?

I'm not backing either side, I'm just trying to help find an equitable solution for both parties involved

Actually

He is honouring his commitment

You said he wasted the recruiters times....  no way.

The recruiter (according to him) told him that he COULD remuster to
MP after SQ, thus, he's doing what he was told to do.  Maybe MP wasn't open
at the time and he took an Infantry spot because they are almost always open.

As for wasting a spot / line serial of infantry.  Maybe.  Or maybe he was just
using the system to get what he wants... nothing we aren't all guilty of
from time to time. 

I back Dragoon on this one. Too many people that are too quick to
judge and condemn without asking for more facts.  (let alone insult and presume)

All,

I think the original question here has been answered on the occupational transfer
sub-board. We should abandon this thread.

OM

I agree with old medic.

2 Commando, as far as I know, Occupational Transfers are a legitimate part of the CF - the Army can choose whether to accept it or not and he will serve where his obligation sends him.  Why are you giving this guy the gears about commitment?  He hasn't went AWOL or suddenly reneged on the CF, he is merely putting in paperwork that gets submitted everyday in the Canadian Forces.  I don't recall hearing that a certain amount of TI was required to submit OT paperwork.

Give it a rest.

Its not that res MP's don't do much. Its that we do not have the same mandate as the reg force MP's.

In the land component, reserve MP's train and do all the same things as the reg force ones, aside from the law enforcement part.

Last year, I spent 135 days in uniform, on training and taskings.(no long term class B). Right now I am in Cold Lake, augmenting base security for Maple Flag 38. Anyone telling you that res MP's do not do much are way off mark.

However, if you join the reserve MP's and spend only 6 months with them, I will advise on avoiding going throught the trouble. If you have 4-5 years to commit to a reserve MP unit, chances are you will get a lot out of it that can help you in your reg MP career. But for such a short time period the mountain of paperwork and red tape will not be worth it.

Also, you can not directly transfer from a res MP unit to a reg MP unit. You would have to go throught all the steps any one from off the streets would, or close to it.

Hey all, I'm new here.

I am going in to get recruited in to the Military Police reserves next week, if I made out on the apptitude test alright.

Now, I was speaking with the reserve recruiter, and I had mentioned I'd like to go reg force one day, but I don't have a diploma in criminology, trade, or degree. He said, it didn't really matter. This is contradictory to what they said down at the big HQ where I did the apptitude test.

So my questions are:

-Is going reserve MP going to make it easier for me to become regforce MP?
-Will I still require a criminology diploma?

Thanks a bunch,

Well you have to your MPAC regardless.  Thats a big part of the make it or don't make it.  I also believe you need a background in security/police foundations, but don't quote me on that one.

What reserve unit are you joining?

Back