• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer from the British Army

Q

Queens Hussar

Does anybody have information on tranfer to the Canadian Army, from the Britsh Army that is proceedures etc contacts where to start.

Is it still done?  I would think that you would have to apply from scratch.  I know it is that way for a Canadian applying to any of the Services in the UK.

Thanks for the reply John. Its just a fledgeling thought at the moment but I am aware the Australian Army would rip my arm off or so im told that said Im not sure there is much use for one armed soldiers, irrespective of background or extensive experience.

Ever feel the need for a change Im sure you have.

Best bet would be to call your local recruiting centre and pose the question to them.

In the Navy, there are quite a few Officers who transfered over to the Canadian Navy from the Royal Navy when we purchased the Oberon Class Submarines many moons ago.

I'm a bit dated, but I believe it is still "done", so to speak.  I know of at least one Strathcona Sr NCO who is an example of a direct transfer and had another WO (former 15th/19th KRH) work with me a long time ago.

Essentially, and I could now be wrong here so take this with a grain of salt, they went through the "recruiting" system.  However, they were granted equivalencies for various Armoured courses (as progression is similar) and basically came straight across once that was sorted out - keeping Canadian equivalent ranks.  The Directorate of Army Training (DAT) is the final approving authority, though, and there is some bureaucracy involved.  There's also the "permanent resident" citizenship business to be sorted out, but that's a separate issue.

Doubtless there are others with more current info than I have on the cavalry side, but hope this helps.

Cheers,

TR

Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment when the CF has need of their skill, when the position cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen, and if the national interest would not be prejudiced. However, only under exceptional circumstances will authority be granted to enrol a citizen of another country.

That is the only answer.

Back