• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training with a Different Trade

NSRecruit

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm preparing to go to school out of province next year after I graduate and am currently a member of the PRes.

The school I am looking at is in PEI and the only two regiments in PEI are the PEIR, which is Armoured, and the 36 Signal Regiment. However, I am currently a member of an infantry battalion and have obtained my trade qualifications. I'm wondering if there is someway that I would be able to remain in my trade but train/parade with one of the regiments in PEI without doing an OT so I would be able to avoid going on ED/T and putting my entire career on hold for two academic years.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to answer this and by all means ask for clarification if needed as I am not always the best at asking questions. Naturally I'm going to ask my clerk this next parade night but was just wondering if anyone on here could answer my question first.

It is possible to parade with another PRes unit during the school year and retain your trade. There is some admin haggling to do, but it is possible.

Your signature says you haven't sworn in yet. That's confusing.

Units may have a few positions that can be filled by any trade. There may be an opportunity for you there.

Rheostatic said:
Your signature says you haven't sworn in yet. That's confusing.

Units may have a few positions that can be filled by any trade. There may be an opportunity for you there.
Sorry about the signature, updated it with (relatively) accurate dates on the process and I am actually over my 1 year mark in the forces now. Did my DP1 this Summer at the wonderful Base Gagetown and stayed in tent city the entire time. Yey me!

Regardless thanks for the reply and I apologize if anything said directly above makes me come off as rude. Typing this just before bed and relatively tired.

Guy Incognito said:
It is possible to parade with another PRes unit during the school year and retain your trade. There is some admin haggling to do, but it is possible.
Thanks for this, what I was hoping. After getting my trade I really wasn't looking forward to possibly having to put my career on hold just to go to school, although you do what you have to.

The PEIR has had reserve infanteers who kept their green beret and cap badge while parading with The Regiment in the past.  Not sure about the Jimmy Mafia over at Brighton.  ;D

Back