• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training question .... ?

STING

Inactive
Reaction score
Can an Res Armd Recce solider take the DP1 Inf course or any other Inf courses if the solider were to transfer to a Reg Inf unit later in their carrear ... I ask because I may be moving to an area where the only Res unit in the area is a Armd Recce unit . I plan to spend about 3 years as a reserve solider and then transfer to a Reg Inf unit . Just wondering if this is at all possible ... ?

STING said:
Can an Res Armd Recce solider take the DP1 Inf course or any other Inf courses if the solider were to transfer to a Reg Inf unit later in their carrear ... I ask because I may be moving to an area where the only Res unit in the area is a Armd Recce unit . I plan to spend about 3 years as a reserve solider and then transfer to a Reg Inf unit . Just wondering if this is at all possible ... ?

The bolded stuff?  Yes definitely.  Res can transfer to Reg force in a different MOSID/MOC.  It is a OT with a CT combined (I am doing one myself).

The first question...I am not sure what you are asking?  If you were Res Armd Recce..and transferred to Reg Frce Inf...you would HAVE to take the DP1 courses...as you would not be qualified anything in the Inf world...if I read your question right, the answer is YES and MANDATORY.

Help?

Mud, from what I understand, he's asking that:

While in the reserves, at a Armoured Recce unit, can he take an infantry DP1, so that he doesn't need to do it when he transfers to the Regs.

I'm assuming....ah...no.

If you're an armoured trooper, commit to that. Once you go infantry, you'll do your inf courses

Des is right you cannot as a Amoured Recce take a DP1 Infantry course, Why because you'll be busy doing our DP1 Armoued and of course wy would the Infantry waste a slot and money ona soldier they wont be able to use

So long story short...... NO

Just to clarify ..... I would completed my Armd recce trades courses and the maybe in my third year maybe get on to DP1 Inf course before i transfer to the Regs ... Slot would not be wasted because i would be transfering to a Reg Inf unit in the future .... possible .... ?

STING said:
Just to clarify ..... I would completed my Armd recce trades courses and the maybe in my third year maybe get on to DP1 Inf course before i transfer to the Regs ... Slot would not be wasted because i would be transfering to a Reg Inf unit in the future .... possible .... ?

As long as you are in an armoured MOC...you will NOT go on an inf DP1......no matter what you "plan" on doing later

I am planning on being the starting center-feilder for the boston Red Socks when i retire in 6 years...think they will train me for that now ?

STING said:

You're not listening are you...NO you cannot get a DP1 Infantry Res course as a Res Armoured, What Res Inf Unit is going to give up a slot on a course for you so you can move off an skip something in the Regs! They want that slot and to spend unit money on a soldier who will soldier with that unit. I think maybe you haven't a clue how the budget system works. Units pay Unit money for course's it's not one big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's all done by how many soldiers on on file with that unit etc etc, I wont pretend to know the math of it, what I am telling you and something you need to listen to is NO you will not get a DP1 Inf course in the Armoured trade.

Now if your so fired up to be an Infantry soldier then why not just join as one to begin with?

And put a shirt on will you, no one here wants to see you topless

*EDIT: Spelling

HitorMiss said:
:rofl: I was just about to ask that on behalf of another

Sig_Des said:
:ROFL: I was just about to ask that on behalf of another

While we're at it Des......maybe a bag over your head .... ;D

cdnaviator said:

Owww...my sides hurt...

To tell you the truth, I tried, and it doesn't work. These big lips of mine keep bursting through the bag

HitorMiss said:

Sig_Des said:
:rofl: I was just about to ask that on behalf of another

cdnaviator said:

:rofl: Oh boy...what have I started?! .... ;D

Listen, covering up my ugly with a bag is like trying to cover-up HitorMiss' short stature with stilts...It just doesn't work.

The only option is surgery, and unfortunately, the army doesn't pay to fix ugly  ;)[flash=200,200][/flash]

Nope it sure doesn't.... But it will pay to make your life long dream of being a woman come true Des  ;D

Oh wait sorry Des, That was the Airforce that paid for that.... I guess cdnaviator is in luck!

Yeah, those wings will look so good on his newly expanded chest

Besides Des you have a face for Radio...thats why your a sig op.

Yes But knowing his track record his chest will be so large he wont fit in the plane door anymore

HitorMiss said:
Besides Des you have a face for Radio...thats why your a sig op.

That, and my parents were married, that's why I couldn't join the infantry  ;)

Back