• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Payment for Reserves

Aero_Solas

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

Im curious about how much you get paid at training as a reservist. Iv heard multiple different numbers so im trying to get it cleared up.

I more spesifically would like to know for bmq, bmq-l, and armoured dp1/dp2.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Reserves get paid for either "half day" or "full day" work/training sessions.  You can take a look at the rates here:  https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/pay-pension-benefits/pay.html

Just look at either the OCdt and 2Lt rates for Officers or Private (Basic) and Private (Trained) rates for NCM.  Rough math, take off 25-30% for taxes etc and you'll get a ballpark for 'per day' earnings.  You'd be looking at the Class A and B Reserve Service tables for what you're curious about.

Eye In The Sky said:
Reserves get paid for either "half day" or "full day" work/training sessions.  You can take a look at the rates here:  https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/pay-pension-benefits/pay.html

Just look at either the OCdt and 2Lt rates for Officers or Private (Basic) and Private (Trained) rates for NCM.  Rough math, take off 25-30% for taxes etc and you'll get a ballpark for 'per day' earnings.  You'd be looking at the Class A and B Reserve Service tables for what you're curious about.
Ah ok thank you!

Eye In The Sky said:

Just one more thing. Do you happen to know if there's a difference between class a and b pay? From what iv gathered, theyre the exact same.

Class A and B are paid the at the same rate.

Aero_Solas said:
Just one more thing. Do you happen to know if there's a difference between class a and b pay? From what iv gathered, theyre the exact same.

The daily rate is the same for both classes of service, it is the administration of the different classes of reserve service that varies.  Under Class A service a member is paid only for those days that he is authorized to be on duty for work or training (or half-days if it is under 6 hours and thus is paid half the daily rate).  Under Class B service a member is paid the full daily rate for each and every day of the period that he is placed on Class B (even if there are days on which no work or training may be scheduled, e.g. weekends or stat holidays).

Class A and class B under 29 days also receive PILL in lieu of annual leave.

dapaterson said:
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean under 29 days?

dapaterson said:
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean "under 29 days"?

Aero_Solas said:
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean under 29 days?

Pay In Lieu of Leave. You get some extra money for short-term work, as if you were working 30 days or more you would get vacation days.

Brasidas said:
Pay In Lieu of Leave. You get some extra money for short-term work, as if you were working 30 days or more you would get vacation days.
Alright thanks!

Back