• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Music

nsmedicman

Inactive
Reaction score
What music do you have in your CD/MP3 player when you train? Right now, I have "Signal Hill -- Live At the Lower Deck 2". Anyone from the Rock or regular patrons of the Lwer Deck in Halifax will now who I am referring to.

I just threw in the newest Greenday Album, and before that it was Tool "Lateralus"

for hitting the weights or short runs, it is a mix of heavy/speed metal, ie metallica, skinlab, hatebreed, ministry, pantera, prong, NOFX etc.......

for long runs( 15+k) I have a mix of dancehall and  roots reggae, blues and classical and a bit of east coast stuff thrown in.

My music taste will vary with mood, but when I hit the weights its all about intensity, long runs its about rhythm

FITSUMO said:
My music taste will vary with mood, but when I hit the weights its all about intensity, long runs its about rhythm
I have the same idea.
Heavy metal and rock for weight training, and alternative rock for running.
Instrumental rock is good for anything, but it's hard to find good instrumental songs.  :D

Alternative/Rock and some Rap.

Right now in my MP3 Player I got Fall Out Boy, Kanye West, Linkin Park, Seether, Korn, Outkast, My Chemical Romance,  etc

Its all about the Rammstein.  Gets me like this:  :threat:

Black Watch said:
metal all the way!
Agreed!
Sc011y said:
Its all about the Rammstein.   Gets me like this:     :threat:
I'm more into 'Lamb of God' than anything else I listen to.
Listen to 'One Gun', 'Ashes of the Wake', and 'Remorse is for the Dead'.
:soldier:

For running:

Slayer - Tormentor

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

Metallica - Orion

Sum 41 - Grab the devil by the horns and f*** him up the ass

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Other side /  Can't Stop

I don't really have any weight-lifting music

Afghanistan, A Military History from Alexander the Great to the Fall of the Taliban - Stephen Tanner

Train your mind at the same time.

Eazy-E - Any Last Wordz
Eazy-E - Boyz 'n tha Hood

Dr. Dre - The Next Episode
Dr. Dre - Deeez Nuuuts

Some Sum 41, Jurassic 5, Snoop Dogg and White Stripes as well.

I like to listen to Prodigy on my runs
for general training I like Classic Rock

Canadian music all the way, baby..

Nickelback, Treble Charger, Kazzer, Great Big Sea, BNL, etc

I also use Linkin Park for lifting, but any good rock tunes will do. Just needs to have a good beat to it.

Armymedic said:
Canadian music all the way, baby..

Nickelback, Treble Charger, Kazzer, Great Big Sea, BNL, etc

I also use Linkin Park for lifting, but any good rock tunes will do. Just needs to have a good beat to it.

Have you heard the new Nickelback cd? I love it!!

Running - I know some of you will hate it simply because its american, but I go with Ranger running cadences... most of them are long enough at 15-20 minutes, and are in the same beat for most.. so you can simply play 2-3 back to back and never lose step. I am not exactly sure the pace most of the rangers run at, but I found the pace with the cadences I have put me running around 7min/miles. Take that as you like.

I found it really good for keeping me going, just keep your feet moving in time with the soldiers on the music, and you'll be pushing hard.

Lamb of God, Trivium and Shadows Fall.

When training for MM 04, I listened to Slipknot's   The Subliminal Verses.   I learned to keep my race pace off Jordinsons drumming.

>:D

Sappo said:
Running - I know some of you will hate it simply because its american, but I go with Ranger running cadences... most of them are long enough at 15-20 minutes, and are in the same beat for most.. so you can simply play 2-3 back to back and never lose step. I am not exactly sure the pace most of the rangers run at, but I found the pace with the cadences I have put me running around 7min/miles. Take that as you like.

I found it really good for keeping me going, just keep your feet moving in time with the soldiers on the music, and you'll be pushing hard.
that's good too. I wander we dont do the same thing during pt

iron maiden, baby!

Good idea on the cadences though. might try it. Where do you download em from? Cheers -Cameron

Sc011y said:
Its all about the Rammstein.   Gets me like this:    :threat:

Hahaahaha.. yes... Rammstein gets me going for working out. I enjoy my reps with Till singing. Too bad only a hand ful of us understand him...lol

G 'n' R, baby!

Led Zeppelin, definitely.

Or any kind of rock, as long as it has a good rhythm, and a hard, driving beat.

Oh yeah, and can't forget "Eye Of The Tiger".

;D

Back