• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Traffic Technician ( merged )

amos933, Have you been to bagotville? If yes could you give me an idea of what they are doing up there?

thanks in advance.

amos933. What do you mean??   You'll end up in one for about 2 weeks to get it done.
Remuster said:
Once you're at your posting, you'll work on getting your QL4s written off, if you're not posted to Trenton, Greenwood or Winnipeg you'll end up in one for about 2 weeks to get it done.

I have never been to Bagotville, but I can ask around and try to get you some info.

Remuster said:
amos933. What do you mean??   You'll end up in one for about 2 weeks to get it done.

As part of your QL4s you need to work in the following; CMTT, F&E, Line Crew, Pax and Cargo. If you've done any of these already you may be able to get them written off. For the rest you'll have to travel to Winnipeg, Greenwood(I'm unsure if they can write off all of your 4s) or Trenton for 2 weeks to compete your QL4s. Here at Trenton we see people almost every week getting their 4s done.

Are you on the 3s course finishing on the 23rd?

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the info, I just remustered to TFC Tech and I am doing OJT (CMTT) in St-Jean since Jan. I will be there until Apr, then I go on my 3's.

I know him from our 3s course. His user name here is Cpl Elric Frenchie.

Hey guys if anyone has any info on this please post a reply, i know they were down sizing but i didn't think they were totally removing them

from Winnipeg. I have heard through the grapevine most are being moved to 1 Movement Squadron in Trenton. Can anyone clarify this for

me. :cdn:

At this point there are no new QL3 Traffic Techs being posted to Winnipeg. Sometime in the near future Winnipeg will be down sized from a AMS (Air Movements Squadron) to a AMU (Air Movements Unit) similar to places like Edmonton and Greenwood. This is just what we've been told at this point in Trenton.

I just talked to my father in-law  in Winnipeg.  (Traffic tech)  he said  that they are planning to  post out  90%  of them  asap,  some people will stay till summer because of kids  etc..

amos933 said:
I have never been to Bagotville, but I can ask around and try to get you some info.

As part of your QL4s you need to work in the following; CMTT, F&E, Line Crew, Pax and Cargo. If you've done any of these already you may be able to get them written off. For the rest you'll have to travel to Winnipeg, Greenwood(I'm unsure if they can write off all of your 4s) or Trenton for 2 weeks to compete your QL4s. Here at Trenton we see people almost every week getting their 4s done.

As a side note, yes in Greenwood your entire QL4 package can be completed, as well as in Cold Lake too from what I understand, also at the above mentioned units passengers and cargo are also shipped by air globally, we also do LoadMaster Assits too. It is not just Trenton and Winnipeg who get to do these jobs eventhough they may have more chances to go, we also get to travel as well. I just thought I would state that.

And yes there are Traffic Techs in Borden at CMTT and F&E, plus that is where the school is and there are a few there too. I dont know how many are in each spot though. Cheers.

thanks for answering !
:cdn:

And yes there are Traffic Techs in Borden at CMTT and F&E, plus that is where the school is and there are a few there too. I dont know how many are in each spot though. Cheers.
[/quote]

A friend of mine needs some information regarding traffic techs and the different places they are likely to be posted. It is especially important to her as she is deciding on marrying one and she is a Signal Operator and would like to know about postings where they could serve in the same base.

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide any insight into what role reservists have as traffic techs.  Would a reserve traffic tech have any chance of working as a loadmaster, or are those positions generally held for regular force?  Would most units be open to reservists, or only selected ones?  I'm thinking of looking at opportunities in Trenton or Borden, although Trenton's about a 2 hour drive for me.

Thanks!

Back