• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trades

AnnaMarie

Inactive
Reaction score
As a 26 year old woman, what are the most logical trade choices for me?

I have a background in legal administration, but not much experience to show for it (7 months). I am very interested in a career as a Military Police Officer but I have heard that it's a very desired position (so that tells me that there is a low turn-over rate).

Please help! I'm confounded..

Talk to a recruiter and see what all is available. None of us on here can give you an idea of what would be right for you. Only you can make that choice.

If you aren't sure about what trades to go into in the CF here is a link to the official Canadian Forces job browser http://forces.ca/en/JobExplorer/BrowseJobs-70

As for MP being hard to get into I have heard things like that too however that shouldnt deter you away from trying to get into it. It will make it all the more rewarding if you get in wont it ;)?

Best of luck.

If MP is what you want, go for it! (MP does require a college diploma, call a recruiter to see if your legal administration education will qualify)  otherwise, if you want something with an administrative touch, you're probably looking at RMS Clerk.

I am a 16 year old joining the Reserves around February of next year, and then graduating high school . I would like to eventually become a Med-Tech, but I've been told by my guidance counselor that to do so I'd need to get a college diploma in something prior to be eligible for the Med-Tech course at R.M.C.. Is that true?
~Thanks

Snafu028 said:
I am a 16 year old joining the Reserves around February of next year, and then graduating high school . I would like to eventually become a Med-Tech, but I've been told by my guidance counselor that to do so I'd need to get a college diploma in something prior to be eligible for the Med-Tech course at R.M.C.. Is that true?
~Thanks

R.M.C is for Officers. Med Tech is not an Officer trade. The minimum requirements for Med Tech is Grade 12/High School - specifically your sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc. I did not qualify because I didn't have my sciences.

You should really check into it yourself through the Forces.ca website and/or talk with a recruiter.

Motard said:
If MP is what you want, go for it! (MP does require a college diploma, call a recruiter to see if your legal administration education will qualify)  otherwise, if you want something with an administrative touch, you're probably looking at RMS Clerk.

In order to apply for MP you MUST have either a law and security course or diploma in criminolgy or similar. And as of right now I don't think Holland College police accedemy is accepted as one of the requirements....wierd yes, but that was the case in 2011

Everyone else seems to have spoken pretty well to the questions raised so far, so I'll just add this general advice, both for the would-be MP and the med tech: If at all possible, ask around among your friends and acquaintances and see if anyone knows someone in the military in those trades. Alternatively, you could try going to the nearest base and explaining that you want to talk to someone in the trade about the trade. They can tell you all kinds of stuff about the day-to-day duties in the trades far better than the recruiters can, or the recruiting website.

Snafu028 said:
~Thanks

Med Tech does not require any post secondary education.

Well if that's what you want to do than go for it don't let a reputation hold you back!

It's better to go for RCMP or regular police officer. But, it's not bad to get experience as MP then switch to law enforcement.

Back