• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To all of you reserve, waiting for a transfer to reg force...

mysteriousmind

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi this only to encourage you people who have been waiting an offer to component transfer to ref forces.

I just got my offer, transferring to supply from supply. On January 9 2012, ill be reg, posted to Valcartier.

OK, yes it was a 20 month long wait, yes it is frustrating when you are told that a recruit will be chosen before you. Yes its depressing...but...the wait is worth the result.

People, DO NOT give up...there is always hope....and if you really want in....it will happen. Continue to do your things...continue with you reserve unit.
During thos 20 month, I got lucky to live a deployement, and have a great experience.

Again... Don't give up.

Cheers!!!

I'm not user if I am the one to post this, but I have heard people say it is easier and quicker to just quit and join reg force instead of waiting for a transfer. Like you said the taking a recruit before you stuff.

EDIT: Correct me if I am wrong.

Applicants at the Recruiting Centre are waiting just as long as Reserve soldiers hoping for a Component Transfer. There is no advantage to releasing in the hope of getting into the Regular Force faster by re-enrolling.

Sometimes CT's go very fast. In my case it only took 4 weeks.

Michael O'Leary said:
Applicants at the Recruiting Centre are waiting just as long as Reserve soldiers hoping for a Component Transfer. There is no advantage to releasing in the hope of getting into the Regular Force faster by re-enrolling.
I agree but I have heard this statement in the past as well. Maybe the expectation of the individual is that the process will (and in all fairness to these individuals, should) move faster than someone 'new and off the street'. I think until we have finished realigning the RegF and Res comparable trades (Navy is working through this now), this illusion will continue. I know years ago, we took a Res Diver with us on an OP APOLLO deployment and we had a hell of a time when it came to helping him do a CT.  I don't actually know how this panned out.
If you are on here (Due to the uniqueness, I am sure you will know if I am referring to you), let us know.

Long wait times arent new. When I CT'd I waited 1.5 years. That was in 2000/2001

Back