• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Timing between training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goyter

Inactive
Reaction score
I just finished my application and testing and should be starting BMQ sometime before fall. Is there any time to come home after BMQ and if so how long? or do I have to wait a year until I get vacation to go anywhere? thanks guys

Hey there;

I am home doing OJT right now until my 3's course.  I start somewhere between September to next August :(  The trade is in flux right now and changing so I just have to wait.  Atleast I am home though instead of sitting somewhere awaiting training :) 
Most people from my platoon had a few weeks to months slated to wait for training, definately time to have a little vacation.  You do get the 20 days per year that you have to use.  :)  Other than that they have to let you accumulate the leave and the military doesn't like that.  Good luck!

It all depends on your trade and how fast you will get on your 3's or any other required courses. Don't worry though, it will all be explained to you once your done by either PRETC(if your lucky enough to go there ::)) or whatever school you end up at.

Best of luck on your BMQ.

Depending  on what your trade is, troops will be posted from BMQ to the appropriate training centre - in many cases that is Borden. On arrival there is a lot of admin to get done and most important the staff will sort out your course plan. Some folk need to do SQ (Soldier Qualification) which is 4 weeks of infantry style field work - bite the bullet and get it done - it's the last big hurdle before you get you 3s done and join a unit. There are a bunch of other courses too like driver training and for some even second language training. As soon as you have your schedule done and you know what commitments you need to cover off, you can put in a leave pass. I really do recommend that you ask for some leave soon after BMQ - you will have 'stuff' that you need to sort out, and if nothing else, you can get back home to some Home Cooking and put your feet up! Time to unwind a little and smile to your self that you made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back