• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

time in rank after re enrolment

hockeysgal

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of fighting to keep my previous time in rank after recently re enrolling.

Here is what happened.... I was re enrolled in March 2014 after being out of the military for nearly 5 years (at that time I had been an Lt for 2yrs).  I kept my rank and all my training was credited as well as my IPC for pay.  I was told when I signed the paper work that I would keep my time in rank and therefore not have to redo 3 yrs as an Lt.  Currently my file is being reviewed at brigade on this matter.

Here are the questions then:

Is anyone aware of a regulation that states that time in rank must be continuous?

I have looked through some of the QR&O's and some of the DAOD but haven't found anything pertaining to this kind of situation, any other places I should be looking?

I appreciate any suggestions you may have so that I may settle this matter, hopefully in my favor of course  :p

CFAOs are the place to start. Look for CFAO 49-something, for Promotion Policy - Reserve Officers.

Well I don't know how it was done but I've gotten all my previous time credited and will be elegible for my promotion to Capt this summer :)

infantry officer said:
Well I don't know how it was done but I've gotten all my previous time credited and will be elegible for my promotion to Capt this summer :)

Let me guess?  The original ETP Instr at the time of re-enrolment was incorrect?

Back