• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

Babbling Brooks said:
I double-dog dare you to throw out your next Timmies Roll Up The Rim cup without rolling it up.  Betcha you can't.

;D

Heh, I've done that a few times accidentally. I was pissed off for the rest of the day, cause you just know that was a winning cup.

My brother is overseas "Op Athena" and I am sending over a package.  I would like to send some Tim Hortons gift certificates.  Anyone know if they be accepted at the "local" Timmies?

Cheers

I have a picture of my cousin fixing the taps at the Timmies in KAF, and he did bring some gift certificates when he went back.  ;D

It's OP Archer.

Yes the gift certificates are accepted as Infantry_ stated above. All the best to your brother.

GAP said:
no no no....the BBG fund.....

(buy beer for Gord)

What would you do with the beer?  Considering you don't drink and all...... ;)

MikeM said:
It's OP Archer.

It may be OP Archer for some, but all my pkgs (incl Timmies coupons) for my hubby, his brother and his girlfriend go to OP Athena...and it makes it there fine. Also, hubby's internal email overseas is OP Athena...so not everyone is under the OP Archer umbrella.

CAW

MJP said:
What would you do with the beer?  Considering you don't drink and all...... ;)

Funny thing that....I have this whole slew of sons/daughter that have no difficulty helping me out, following the "fine" example of their older brother!!

Babbling Brooks said:
I double-dog dare you to throw out your next Timmies Roll Up The Rim cup without rolling it up.  Betcha you can't.

;D

Out of the past three coffees, I haven't gotten a roll up the rim cup; Tims must be all out  ::)

Got several sitting in my locker, un rolled and waiting to come home with me in a couple of months.  (And yeah it is killing me to leave them alone)

Otherwise, as usual, the ones I roll have only coughed up a doughnut so far...  What is funny is seeing the instructions in four languages on how to play the game.  The first line in one of the instructions is to "finish coffee", maybe the excitement was too much for some.  Good to see the boys in the FOB's are supposed to get a crack at some cups too.  Hope they have better luck than I do.

Do they have a special Kandahar line of prizes?  Ammo would be sweet, or kit ... Imagine rolling up the rim and winng a pallet of 155mm shells, or a can of 25mm!  A case of hand grenades would be sweet as well! LOL

I believe there is a very short claim period once the contest ends....watch you don't win something significant only to lose out because the time ran out!!

RCR Grunt said:
A case of hand grenades would be sweet as well! LOL

Lets hope the American ones....Or I would rather a hot Tims to scald the enemy with, at least I know what will happen after I throw the coffee   ;)

almost a thousand winners to date here....and I haven't been one of them....dammit!

Apparently, the Caps are going for anywhere between 800 and 1500 on ebay!

Its Awsome... even though im thousands of miles away im still getting the chance to play again over here!! lol

its cool though.. My first question was, if i win the car, do they send it over here??

but they have different prizes.. obviously..

a few $1000 cash
some cameras
hats
and food prizes

Its nice of them to do that for us! and the FOB guys all got like 10 cups each to roll up. i know a few guys who won hats.... (im still trying to figure out where i can buy one!)

OK Time to wake up this TOPIC!

There is a new group on FACEBOOK called "Make a Support our Troops Cup"  and they have also started an online petition.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/TimHortons/index.html

Similar to the method used for the 'Highway of Heroes' lobby that was very successful. I signed already, but they need a much better response.

Mods:  Feel free to change to a better suited forum.  Didn't know where else to put it.

Went and got my Tim card today.  I was told it's actually a rechargeable gift card and that they were doing away with the paper gift certificates.

I asked if they were available to buy at all and was told, "No, it's just going to be the Tim Card now."

Me: "So, what happens if I want to send some gift certificates out to my friends serving in Afghanistan?"

Teller: "Oh, I'm sure that they'll have the machine set up there as well."

Me: "I'm pretty sure that they won't."

Teller: "No, no.  We were told that EVERY store is on this system."

Me: "You may want to check on that."

Teller asks the manager, and sure enough, no machine at KAF.  So the deployed pers are SOL wrt getting Timmies on a gift certificate.  The only avenue is to write head office.

Who's up for it?  Haven't had a chance to get the mailing and e-mail address for them yet, but will post it when I do.

Back