• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tik tok will be banned on government devices Feb 28th

Meanwhile I'm closing in on 3 years with no govt issued phone and it's glorious. Zero pressure to check emails after hour on my work phone when you don't have one!

Think About It GIF by Identity

There are many, varied emotions when you hand over command to someone else.

But the feeling of elation as you launch the WIPE cycle on your mobile device, well...

Hand Smash GIF by sheepfilms

I have a phone... I check it during work hours, or when travelling.

I'm not paid to be "on call" 24/7, so I'm not.

I have nothing personal on my work phone, it's for work, not surfing social media. I have my own phone for personal things. Maybe I'm odd in that I like a separation of "church and state" when it comes to my life.

There are many, varied emotions when you hand over command to someone else.

But the feeling of elation as you launch the WIPE cycle on your mobile device, well...

Hand Smash GIF by sheepfilms
That feeling was almost the best part about retiring!

Still don't have a work phone for my current job. I have a work laptop, a vestige of COVID, which I am desperately trying to give up.

I have a phone... I check it during work hours, or when travelling.

I'm not paid to be "on call" 24/7, so I'm not.

I have nothing personal on my work phone, it's for work, not surfing social media. I have my own phone for personal things. Maybe I'm odd in that I like a separation of "church and state" when it comes to my life.
I essentially am on call but even then, my work and personal phones are separate.

All jokes aside, when I deployed with a young daughter this was kind of a fun way to 'stay in touch' as you can get gifts from wherever you were and send them to someone, so it was a bit like a postcard in a game.

Most places where you could pick up wifi (like starbucks) had a 'spot' so it only took a few minutes but she got a kick out of it, and was surprised how much distance woudl actually cover wandering around.

For anyone with kids into pokemon would recommend it.

Back