• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This Summer's SQ+BIQ at the Meaf!

This is the last weekend I'll get off for course. We had last weekend off between BMQ and SQ, then the first weekend of SQ we have leave. From now until August 28 (Stalwart), it's all work. I'm in 9 platoon, where's everyone else?

Zero216 said:
This is the last weekend I'll get off for course. We had last weekend off between BMQ and SQ, then the first weekend of SQ we have leave. From now until August 28 (Stalwart), it's all work. I'm in 9 platoon, where's everyone else?

I'm D Coy, 15 Plt, 1 Section. The best Section of 15 Plt just so you know.  ;)

I have 1 more weekend off, then at that point I'll be graduated from BIQ and officially be a trained Private!!! Can't wait for that unit capbadge I tell you! I'm not too sure what to think about Stalwart Guardian, heard A LOT of differing opinions on it. Incredible amount of misinformation or confusion about the whole thing... Anyway...

Very interesting going away for training in the summer. Wasn't as physical as I thought, but it was damn good and hard. I learned A LOT. From what I can see as an newly-minted Private (almost), the Reg Force obviously does go through much more thorough training, as it should be. It seems reservists and reg force have the same skillsets and abilities, eg> Assault boats, M203 Grenade launchers etc... But the reg force have those skills at a much higher level because they practice it more frequently. We do trench warfare for 1-2 days, they do it for a week, with LIVE FIRE, not blanks either...

Different world indeed.

For anyone wondering, yes, the army does make a better person of you, if you're tough enough.  >:D

Back