• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This site!!!

Ordnancebob

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it common to see so many error messages in various threads?
"Page Not available" seems to be far to common a message!

Ordnancebob

I haven‘t noticed anything like that. (I‘m usually the last to know though... :) ) Anyone else seeing this type of problem?

I ALWAYS have that problem but I thought it was just me and my computer(it‘s a P.O.S.)

*raises hand*

Just click refresh many a times, and the thread should appear

Ok, that‘s alarming...

How long has this been happening?
Is it only on this site? Only the war diary?

I‘ll track down the cause of the probem, but more info will help speed things along...

Thanks

I‘ve encountered the same problem... it takes multiple attempts to get into a thread.

Also, when I hit the back button on my browser from a specific thread, it takes me back to the category - but as the category was a week before. Kinda hard to explain, hope that was srta clear.

Originally posted by Enfield:
[qb]
Also, when I hit the back button on my browser from a specific thread, it takes me back to the category - but as the category was a week before. [/qb]
I‘ve had both these problems. The "Page Not available" error has been around for atleast the better part of a month. The other error is less in your face, and I assumed it to be a fault of my browser.

Good to see it‘s not just my computer. Although I am on many other forums without nearly as many "Message not Found" errors.
I guess this is something for the site administrators to look at.
Some threads open fine but a large number give me the error message esp. the multipage ones

I have noticed the error msg too. It seems to be random, but I have not been looking for any pattern in it. Too frequent would be my only comment.

Hi all,

I have been having this problem as well and thought it was because of my upgrade to IE6, so I went back to factory status with IE5, but the problem continues, although not as bad. I can‘t remember exactly when it started, but have been keeping a log since 31 Jan. It wasn‘t always the same threads or the same forums but would differ from one evening to the next. I too, thought it was my ‘puter and it was driving me crazy. Hope this helps a little Mike

Drummy

PS: At about 2035(AST) all pages/threads were giving the Page cannot be displayed error. I had to load another web page and then reload this one to view anything here and amend this message

Drummy

Yep, it all helps! I wish I could say I now know what the problem is, but I don‘t. I‘ve started monitoring some of the system stats, so hopefully that will show what the problem is.

In the mean time, if I can get a few people to report what time they saw the errors, I can match that up with the stats.

Thanks again all, sorry for the inconvenience.

I experience difficulty finding threads every time I visit the site.

It takes two, three, or even more attempts to pull messages up -- regardless of time of day, or whether I am searching a lead page or later page in the thread.

I don‘t know if its just me with this problem but I log in and it still tells me I am not logged in.....At first i thought I forgot my password but when I wrote my password wrong then it tells me i have an invalid password. It‘s not a big hastle but was just letting ya know.

Andrew :cdn:

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like you might have cookies disabled. Your login information is stored as a cookie, so if you have them turned off, you will always have to log in. You can check your setting by going through your browser options. If you have trouble, let me know what type of browser you have, and I‘ll try to help.

Cheers

Maybe it is the comms research guys checking out who‘s who and causing the system too max out, maybe I‘m just paranoid, LOL. ;)

Heheh. I think (hope) they have better things to do with their time than subvert some second rate Internet message board. :)

Anyway, I‘m working on a potential solution for this problem, though it‘s going to take a couple of weeks to get it finished.

Hope you guys can hold on! :)

Cheers

Ok, the upgrade is done, and first reports are that it didn‘t help with this problem. :(

I‘ll keep digging, so please bear with me!

2120 hrs (Daylight Savings Time, Toronto)

I‘d assumed it was simply because there were so many of us accessing the War Diary at the same time ... (chuckle - well, okay - I just thought it was "busy")

Comical that so many of us had experienced it, but hadn‘t thought anything of it ... (textbook example of reaction to jamming ...)

Ok folks, I may have found a temporary fix to the white screens. Please, if anyone sees a white screen on this forum, please let me know!

I‘m trying to track the source, and feedback from you guys will help a lot.

Thanks

I had one or 2 of those white screens today...........and this time i could get back for about 40 refreshes or "back"‘s

Andrew :cdn:

:mg: :evil:
(die evil white screens)

Back