• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This Is the ‘Hero’ Army Vet Who Took Down the Club Q Gunman

. If they had gotten DUIs, they could have lost their license, why shouldn't they be at risk of losing the right to own guns if they demonstrate they are a danger to others?
Find 'cars" in the Constitution.........and I'm agreeing with you, but that's a huge crutch they get to walk with.

Find 'cars" in the Constitution.........and I'm agreeing with you, but that's a huge crutch they get to walk with.
Sure, but the entire system of criminal laws is essentially what society considers as reasonable restrictions on personal freedoms, and going to jail is basically a fundamental violation of personal freedom.

No idea how you don't catch a charge and a prohibition on owning weapons though when your own mom reported you to the police for a bomb/shooting threat though and got caught with a home made bomb. If that isn't a red flag that should stop you from being able to buy a gun I don't know what kind of threat would be.

I suspect that was less a question about the data than about what kind of a person searches using Bing.

I suspect that was less a question about the data than about what kind of a person searches using Bing.

What kind of a person? 🤦‍♂️

Because this kind of a person may not be as computer savvy as some other kind of persons apparently are. That's why.

What kind of a person? 🤦‍♂️

Because this kind of a person may not be as computer savvy as some other kind of persons apparently are. That's why.
Not kind of person, just how horrible Bing is as a not-World Class search engine.

I think DND’s Intranet search engine is more effective than Bing. 😉

Colorado Springs suspect identifies as nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns​

By The Associated Press
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The alleged shooter facing possible hate crime charges in the fatal shooting of five people at a Colorado Springs gay nightclub is nonbinary, the suspect’s defense team says in court filings.

You may well be looking at what may well be a self hate crime. And the tragedy continues on.

Most of these follow the same trajectory.
1. Shooting.
2. Speculation about links to right-wing extremism, unless shooter is obviously not a white male, in which case motive remains unknown.
3. Gradually the shooter's history unwinds. More often than not associated with progressive causes, or was just all over the map. More often than not had crossed legal lines. More often than not some kind of mental/emotional instability.
4. Once the right-wing extremism narrative is no longer tenable, media attention moves on.
5. Continued political use for calls for more measures, despite responses of people who point out every measure already in effect that was ignored.

Most of these follow the same trajectory.
1. Shooting.
2. Speculation about links to right-wing extremism, unless shooter is obviously not a white male, in which case motive remains unknown.
3. Gradually the shooter's history unwinds. More often than not associated with progressive causes, or was just all over the map. More often than not had crossed legal lines. More often than not some kind of mental/emotional instability.
4. Once the right-wing extremism narrative is no longer tenable, media attention moves on.
5. Continued political use for calls for more measures, despite responses of people who point out every measure already in effect that was ignored.

Alternatively, once another group of Americans get massacred, media move on. Doesn’t usually take long.

But a horrendous hate crime still happened. The more comes out about him, the more screwed up his background is. Whatever, exactly, this guy’s story is, it’s clearly he was raised to hate and to choose violence. I hope his father loses every penny he’s worth in lawsuits.

Apparently the father had very little to do with raising the son, so that might be difficult.

At some point, people who are educated/trained and paid to intervene, have to intervene.

Not kind of person, just how horrible Bing is as a not-World Class search engine.

I think DND’s Intranet search engine is more effective than Bing. 😉
Bing oddly often has better imagery of popular places than Google Earth

Mass shootings, do not even make a blip unless it is a school or a gay night club, or a shopping mall, or ?

Chicago Police reported
"According to Chicago police, 20 people were shot in 15 separate shooting incidents between 6 p.m. Friday and 11:59 p.m. Sunday."

Toronto Police reporting 1 dead and 3 hurt in a shooting

Makes you wonder what the world is becoming.
They conveniently defined mass shooting to capture a lot of gang stuff. When average people think "Mass shooting", they don't think of gang related stuff, but the stats do.

Why not?

If some simple controls could have prevented a mass shooting, that's a lot easier than preventing 15 individual shootings.

In this particular case, there are laws in place to remove weapons from high risk people, and the accused here held someone hostage previously with a bomb, but the area is a 'Second amendement haven' that is refusing to apply for those kind of orders, so he still had his legal guns.

The US has a gun cult problem (as well as a Constitution cult) where dogmatics refuse to accept any reasonable limitations. If they had gotten DUIs, they could have lost their license, why shouldn't they be at risk of losing the right to own guns if they demonstrate they are a danger to others?
Well we accepted "Reasonable limitations" and look where we are now, almost everything is being banned. There is no limit on the definition of "Reasonable" when there is a politician smelling votes.

Back