• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things to do in India ...

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
Well< I'm off to India in 2 weeks for work. For PERSEC reasons, I'm not going to state what location I am going to be in other than it will be several of the larger cities and then elsewhere for a "hike".

As I research the place, I see there will be many curious things to witness. For example, sammy the snake:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89dY_m6wcU

Anybody else been to India?  Putting aside the usual tourist things like the Taj Mahal, what would you recommend? 

Bollywood movie sets??

Snake charmers?

Cricket matches?

Tiger watching from an elephant? Seen that clip on youtube???

Bird watching? Some hot Sheilas there :)

How about a trainride on top of the car?

Curry experimentation? Milk products stop the chemical reaction in your mouth, but milk there, will give you the barkers for days, ha!

I had a friend who went there alone for 6 weeks, and had the time of his life.

Have your toilet paper roll on standby, and have a good holiday.

Cheers,

Wes

Stay away from stray dogs, India has one of the highest rate of rabies in the world.
Here's some info from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).

PMedMoe said:
Stay away from stray dogs, India has one of the highest rate of rabies in the world.
Here's some info from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).

And only you would have a photo of Snoopy put up after saying that.  ;D

Sgt  Schultz said:
Well what happen to Woodstock then? Can you answer that?  ;D

5477.jpg
  Who, me??  Doin' fine!  ;D

Whatever you do, stay out of the Ganges! One drop of water on your lip, you'll be ass pissing for days, and later need de-wormed, ha! They dump corpses, shit and drink out of it. Pollution is out of control, plus its actually shark infested with a shark called the Ganges river Shark, adn it is capable of breathing fresh and salt water.

Be weary, but have fun :)

Wes

Be on the look out for beautiful Indian women. That's it. LOOK. With your eyes, not with your hands or any other parts of your body. They may end up missing after the brief foray. Careful not to pick up a bride either. However, sample the local delicacies depending on where you're going. Traditional Indian food are to die for (literally). If you get a chance to go to someone's house to have a meal, remember to eat with your hands ;D It'll take some getting used to but it's all good.

Never refuse food or drinks from your host if you do go to someones place. Chai = Tea and depending on if they like you or not, they may offer you Chai or Coffee. I'll let you figure out which one's better ;) Refusing food or drink is extremely rude!! Remember, one thing you won't lose while in India is your appetite and weight. You may lose money, clothing other personal possessions pending on where you go ;) but weight is definitely NOT one of those things.

OH OH! NO HOLDING HANDS or KISSING an Indian woman :D in case you were wondering.

Mumbai and the beaches of Goa are a must. Along with the Taj Mahal. If you've been to India, you have to go to the Taj if you don't, you haven't gone to India at all.

Take Wes' advice to heart. Get ALL of your shots! :D Have fun!

Back