• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

That just goes to show that wives still won't let anything go, even after death.

Not only that, seems as if she couldn't bring her husband to heal.

This is why Europe cant't have nice things:

EU Court Orders France To Compensate Somali Pirates

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/05/368763707/eu-court-orders-france-to-compensate-somali-pirates

The European Court of Human Rights has ordered France to pay up to 7,000 euros in compensation to each of nine Somali pirates who were detained after hijacking two French yachts in the Gulf of Aden in 2008.

Some of the pirates seized the 290-foot luxury yacht Le Ponant in the Gulf of Aden, taking hostage 30 people, including 22 French nationals. Others were involved in hijacking the second vessel, a 50-foot sailboat. French commandos retook both vessels in separate raids, months apart, after ransoms amounting to about $2 million were paid in each incident.

The ECHR ruled Thursday that under the European Convention on Human Rights, the pirates — who were held for several days before being transferred to France — should have been brought before a French judge "without delay."

The convention's Article 5.3 "was not designed to give the authorities the opportunity to intensify their investigations for the purpose of bringing formal charges against the suspects," a court statement said.

France 24 says:

"France was ordered to pay between €5,000 and €2,000 [$6,100 and $2,500] to each pirate for 'moral damages,' plus amounts varying from €3,000 to €9,000 [$3,700 and $11,200] to cover legal costs.
"In the ruling, published in French, the court nevertheless acknowledged that there were 'completely exceptional circumstances' to justify a lengthy detention before seeing a judge, noting that the original arrests took place 'more than 6,000 kilometres [4,000 miles] from French territory.' "

At the time of the arrest of the nine Somalis, piracy off the Horn of Africa was a growing problem. A U.S.-led crackdown in recent years has resulted in a steep drop in incidents in the region.

cupper said:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/05/368763707/eu-court-orders-france-to-compensate-somali-pirates

Hopefully, the French will tell the court to go pound salt!!

cupper said:

Unreal.  I personally enjoyed this from the comment section :

'How about the court keep a running tab?

France owes pirates: 7,000 euro * 9 = e54,000
Pirates owe France: e4,000,000

Balance: 4,000,000 - 54,000 = e3,946,000'

Chlorine gas attack on a furry convention.

GAS! GAS! GA- wait what?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/08/furry-convention-chlorine-gas-leak-sends-19-to-hospital-police-it-was-intentional/

including many dressed in cartoonish animal costumes for an annual furries convention who were ushered across the street to a convention centre that was hosting a dog show.

:rofl:

That would have been quite the sight to see ;D

I couldn't possibly make this up ....
Last week Green Party Leader Elizabeth May presented a petition calling for a Parliamentary review of new forensic evidence regarding the events of September 11, 2001.

This petition was submitted by citizens from four provinces, and is supported by three professional organizations who have been digging into 9/11 evidence for years.

These organizations will jointly deliver a press conference to the Canadian and US media on Wednesday morning at 11:00:

Press Conference, Wednesday December 10, 11 AM, Charles Lynch Room, 130-S, Centre Block Parliament Hill, Ottawa ....

Marchog said:
Nothing surprises me when it comes to Lizzie May.
It's one thing to just plant a petition on the table in the House, but to set up a news conference in the Parliamentary media studio?  Let's see how many reporters show up - and what (if any) coverage comes out of the get-together.

Haven't heard a peep yet on that press conference.

Oh well! Blame it on Jean Béliveau's funeral preempting them.

Oldgateboatdriver said:

Imagine that.....going and dying just to get attention.....uh.....do you think May might take the hint?  :D

Oldgateboatdriver said:

It's all Harpers fault.....right? :subbies:

Actually, someone DID go ....
A coalition of 9/11 conspiracy theorists want the Canadian government to do its own investigation into the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.

The group has collected over 1,400 Canadian signatures on a petition and are calling for a parliamentary review of the new forensic evidence. They said explosives which contained nano thermite and not airplanes crashing into the World Trade Centre brought the towers down. Nano thermite is a chemical in explosives used mostly by the military.

The group submitted a similar petition in the U.S. but was shot down twice in 2009 and 2013. They are now calling "on their friends in the north" to be supportive.

When asked who was behind the tragic events of 9/11 the group couldn't say.

The U.S. conducted a lengthy and costly investigation as to who was responsible and their conclusion in the 2002 9/11 Commission Report stated that the terrorist group Al Qaeda was responsible. The report said the collapse of the towers was due to the damage inflicted by the two planes.

"Simple office fires cannot cause a collapse of a massive office building. It is ridiculous. We need a new review," said Isabelle Beenen who is representing Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

The coalition presented their most recent petition to Green Party leader Elizabeth May who then presented it to Parliament Dec. 3.

May has gone on record to say she does not agree with the petition but as a parliamentarian felt she had a personal obligation to bring it forward, though there is no actual legal obligation for MPs to present petitions they receive.

The parliamentary petition process requires the government to respond within 45 calendar days ....
More from Sun Media here.

Not many people know that when you expose concrete to intense heat it explodes. Concrete never fully dries, there is always (depending on the thickness) water trapped inside, and steam is a very energetic force.

I don't know what is worse: the twisted minds that could construct a conspiracy theory that includes the concealment of thousands of pounds of explosives in two major commercial structures occupied by thousands of people and then organize some unwitting dupes to fly two hijacked airliners into precisely the right places to trigger the destruction of the buildings; or a highly educated parliamentarian who displays an astonishing lack of common sense by giving these people a platform.

According to them, the dumbest man in history concocted the greatest conspiracy in the history of the USA 

I'll throw this in here as it was a WTF moment for me today.  I am at present taking a Class 3 driving course in the Windsor NS area.  We were passing through town on the route our road exam will take.  Each of us did two laps of the complete circuit before trading places behind the wheel.  One of the buildings we passed by each time was the local Library branch.  On one of our passes by I was bewildered to see a large man being led away in handcuffs to a RCMP cruiser.  Now that, is not something you would expect to see at the public library, at least I don't.  WTF did he do?  Large book fine?  Not whispering inside???  :D

There also was on our route a film production of some sort in progress at one of the large Victorian homes you see here.  Cameras on booms, all the sort of Hollywood stuff you'd expect to see.  And I thought that would be the most exciting/interesting unexpected thing to see.  Apparently there's more to Windsor for an outsider like me than meets the eye...  :nod:

Back