• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

Hamish Seggie said:
A bit older than Cougars......oh you mean the vehicle?  >:D

If they're older than Cougars, then does that not make them Sabre Tooth Tigers vs Panthers...  :)

jollyjacktar said:
If they're older than Cougars, then does that not make them Sabre Tooth Tigers vs Panthers...  :)

One person's Cougar is another person's Kitten.

Another reason the UN is ineffective is shown in the people who are sent there:

Can anyone say anything else after reading this:

LINK

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.
UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault

In her recent report to the U.N. Human Rights Council, High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay revives the bizarre charge, made by one of her colleagues in 2005, that when Palestinian men beat their wives, it’s Israel’s fault:

Whole blurb on LINK.

George Wallace said:
Can anyone say anything else after reading this:

Actually, I can.

And the very first thing to say is that in no, repeat no report did the UN ever say that "When Palestinian men beat their wives, it's Israel fault". The only people that said that are self serving and self-appointed "UN watchers" with an agenda, and actually a pro-Israel at all cost agenda, that misinterpret and misrepresent the report for those self-serving reasons.

Which leads to the second point: Like every other piece of information on the internet, you have to look at who wrote the article you quote and their reasons/bias in writing it. I suggest you read the "About Us" section of the UNWatch website.

You will find out that it is NOT a UN organization, but a private NGO that self appointed itself to the mandate of "reviewing the actions of the UN in relation to its own Charter". Smacks of someone with a beef with the UN to me. And, unsurprisingly, we then find that it was created by a past US ambassador to the UN, who was a Republican appointee (Bush senior), is Jewish and has been an honorary president of the American Jewish Committee, with which UNWatch indicates that it is affiliated. If you look at their "recent posts" section, you will see that most of them are articles that criticize anything the UN does in relation to the Israel/Palestinian situation - what a coincidence, he!

In actuality, the UN reports into violence comes to the conclusion that, amongst various other factors, the convergence of a patriarchal society found in the palestinian population with the  high unemployment and despair induced in the population by the Israeli measures, whereby the men feel it is impossible to play their family role, creates stress in the men that lead to excesses of violence. It does not "blame" Israel, but merely notes one of the social consequences in the palestinian men of the measures taken by Israel. The palestinian men are still responsible.

Now let me see. Have we observed something like that somewhere before? Ah yes! That is similar to the conclusions that were reached by some social scientists on the higher incidence of violence against women and of suicides on Canadian Indian reserves. It is also part of the factors identified by research into the reasons Canadian soldiers returning from deployment have a higher incidence of conjugal violence. 

And the government has started to move on Texas…

http://www.vice.com/read/what-we-know-so-far-now-that-jade-helm-15-has-begun-382

Texas, where bat poop is free range.

George Wallace said:
Now ..... This is really scary:

http://imgur.com/r01TBNq

It's alright - if I shot my 9mm like that, I'd be surprised if I hit the broadside of a barn  >:D

Some craziness from last week in China:

Beijing police: This is Madness!

Spartans: This. IS. CHINAAAAA!!!

Shanghaiist

Look: 100 shirtless 'warriors' march through Beijing, get wrestled down by cops

spartans-shirtless.jpg

Beijing's Sanlitun village was invaded by a hundred laowai hunks dressed up as Spartacus warriors by a local eatery for a promotional event yesterday.
Ovaries were set aflutter, and many pictures taken by bemused passersby. It was all fun and games until the cops showed up to break up the party for "obstructing traffic".

Apparently, event organizers had not applied for a permit.

Perhaps as the result of the heat combined with an overload of testosterone, the army of models seemed to get a bit out-of-hand, and police even ended up wrestling down two Spartans who were little too riled up.

(...SNIPPED)

model-caught-1.jpg

spartans-shirtless4.jpg

Video shows Conservative MPs reading from identical script  ;)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/30/video-shows-conservative-mps-reading-from-identical-script.html

Baden Guy said:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/30/video-shows-conservative-mps-reading-from-identical-script.html

So what? We're in an election cycle and the people that control things, for the CPC, have decided to send out a message that the party is united in its goals. They've also likely decided, the best way to convey this is with a constant and consistent message. This is no more, or less, than every other party telling their candidates to stay on script.

Desperate people seem to be grasping at anything, early on, that they can make a story of.

This is no conspiracy or turning candidates into mindless drones. It's plain, simple, run of the mill politics.

The writ hasn't even been dropped on the anti CPC crowd is already jumping at shadows.

Pretty sad, actually, that the anti CPC\ Harper crowd is already at their wits end for something to attack. 8)

Baden Guy said:

I have to admit, that was pretty funny.  Johnny 5...lol.

Also, to be fair (and I'm not an across-the-board CPC booster), ya think this was done as, say, a specifically-arranged-and-orchestrated "put videos into the can for the ridings" session?  It's a touch less surprising that everybody used the word-for-word same script.

Interesting to see when a similar mash-up of Liberal or NDP videos gets put together ....

Considering the source (PressProgress, a media project of the Broadbent Institute), I wouldn't hold my breath...

milnews.ca said:
Also, to be fair (and I'm not an across-the-board CPC booster), ya think this was done as, say, a specifically-arranged-and-orchestrated "put videos into the can for the ridings" session?  It's a touch less surprising that everybody used the word-for-word same script.

Interesting to see when a similar mash-up of Liberal or NDP videos gets put together ....

Same here, and if, as Mr. Campbell notes, "Angry Tom" can contain his left-wing and keep the NDP's centre relatively on target, I think that the PM has a very worthy and capable adversary to deal with.

For whatever many are saying about this latest aspect of CPC communications, the one thing it does who, even if affected through the strong arm of the PM, is considerable solidarity (cohesion) in messaging...not a bunch of dis-jointed hip shots from a party's scatter-shot snippets.  It is ironic, but I'm not convinced that NDP messaging is fundamentally any less whipped/constrained/driven,etc...  Harper and Mulcair are not as far apart, tactically and operationally, as many would try to have us believe.  Their ends may be notably different, but their means actually appear quite similar.  :2c:

:eek: WTF?

Yahoo News

Student, 20, Decapitated By Helicopter Blade As She Approached Peruvian PM
Yahoo NewsYahoo News – 1 hour 55 minutes ago

A young woman was horrifically decapitated after being struck by the rotor blade of a helicopter that was carrying the Peruvian Prime Minister.

Lina Zapata Feijo reportedly slipped past a police cordon to approach the chopper as it landed in Tumbes, near the Ecuadorian border, at 2 p.m. on Thursday.

The 20-year-old university student had wanted to present PM Pedro Cateriano with a letter about her jailed brother.

Pedro Cateriano (left) was on board the helicopter (credit REX)
In it, she claimed he’d been wrongfully imprisoned due to negligence by the authorities.
(...SNIPPED)

This man is a monster.

Yahoo News

Woman Drowns Because Dad ‘Did Not Want Strange Men To Touch Her’
Yahoo News – 6 hours ago

A dad of a 20-year-old woman seemingly allowed his daughter to drown because he did not want ‘strange’ rescuers touching her.

The shocking incident, that happened on a beach in Dubai, saw the woman get into trouble in the water before lifeguards attempted to rescue her.

However, they were apparently stopped by the woman’s dad, who grappled with them rather than let them touch his daughter.

Lt Col Ahmed Burqibah, the Deputy Director of Dubai’s Police Search and Rescue department, said that the unidentified dad believed the “strange” men touching his daughter during a rescue would “dishonour” her.

He explained: “The Asian father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun"

(...SNIPPED)

Good2Golf said:
I'm not convinced that NDP messaging is fundamentally any less whipped/constrained/driven,etc...  Harper and Mulcair are not as far apart, tactically and operationally, as many would try to have us believe.  Their ends may be notably different, but their means actually appear quite similar.  :2c:
And the Liberals have also had a history of short leashes on their members when they captained the ship of state, too.

I would have loved to hear what the last words spoken were before the "event" happened.  ;D

Fight at Chinese karaoke bar leaves singer with ten-inch 'microphone' shoved so far into his rear, doctors have to cut open his abdomen to remove it
•Man arrived at hospital in Guangzhou, southern China, on August 8
•Already had unknown cylindrical object lodged in his colon for 27 hours
•Doctors operated two hours to remove item but didn't reveal what it was

By Qin Xie For Mailonline

Published: 12:37 GMT, 11 August 2015 | Updated: 13:03 GMT, 11 August 2015

A Chinese man recently found himself having a 10-inch long cylindrical object stuck in his rectum and had to go through a two-hour operation to have it removed.

Doctors in a hospital in Guangzhou, southern China, were surprised to see a microphone-shaped item lodged in the man's colon after an X-ray, reported People's Daily Online. 

The patient refused to explain how the object had got there, but media reports suggest the man had been involved in a fight at a karaoke bar when the object was inserted into his body.

The middle-aged man, named only by his surname Cai, had no visible injuries when he arrived at the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine on August 8.

However, he had a strange and pained expression on his face and pointed at his rear to the staff.

Surgeons initially tried to extract the object from the man's anus but found that it was lodged in too deeply so they had to operate on him.

After two hours operation, where they opened Mr Cai up from his abdomen, they were able to remove the object.

It is thought the cylindrical object had already been inside the man for 27 hours before he sought medical help.

Media reports indicate the man had been involved in an altercation at a karaoke when the mystery object was inserted into his body.

Although the doctors did not disclose what exactly the object was, they revealed that it measured approximate 10 inches in length and 1.5 inches in diameter and was made of plastic.

The man is now recuperating in the hospital and has refused interviews by the media.

Dr Sun, who treated the man, said that he had previously treated a man in a similar disposition.

A chef had come into the hospital with a lodged cucumber, which had split his colon.

The doctor advised that 'foreign objects in rectum shouldn't be treated lightly. In certain circumstances it could even lead to death.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3193599/That-s-got-hurt-Man-10-inch-long-torch-like-object-stuck-rear-alleged-karaoke-row.html

Back