• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's really funny is watching them try to simultaneously vilify and exhonorate Biden for his #MeToo episodes.

Looking back at the Obama/Trudeau "bromance", as it was coined somewhere, I can't help but wonder if the Obama administration's alleged misdeeds had negative influence with respect to how Trudeau now seems to be operating re: SNC scandal, and the other unethical issues.  And secondly, maybe the Trump administration was behind the SNC scandal leak to the media (via the wide NSA net) to damage and help oust the Cdn PM who has been a thorn in his side.  All tinfoil, I know, but plausible.   

ModlrMike said:
What's really funny is watching them try to simultaneously vilify and exhonorate Biden for his #MeToo episodes.
It’s funny until he decides not to run. Then some revolutionary quack is going to fill the slot and Trump will mop the floor with that person. Everybody here knows that the US is tearing itself apart, a decent man or woman can’t stop it, but maybe slow it down.

kkwd said:
Anyway, it is only Adam Schiff's personal opinion.

And according to the Los Angeles Times,
Since he delivered the litany, no one has called him on a single error.
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-heffernan-schiff-barr-20190329-story.html

Adam Schiff, a CA Dem; LA Times - Liberal media
Since he delivered the litany, no one has called him on a single error.

Thus if I wrote a letter to The Editor disputing Schiff is sprouting, would that count as calling him on his errors?

Have you looked at the bio of the opinion piece author?

If you can post a published source that called the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee on a single error, that would be appreciated.

I was unable to find one. ( Other than the name-calling. )

This may be a repeat, but my earlier post seems to have disappeared into the aether.

Pretty much everything both of them (Schiff and Hanson) said and wrote happened (is in the realm of "fact").  But a factual recounting doesn't reveal much about motive and intent, and the gravity of each incident depends on the assessment of observers.  (Is it worse to agree to take a meeting with a Russian source to get dirt on your campaign opponent, or to pay someone to solicit information from Russian sources?)

To use an example from each: Hanson's reference to the airport meeting between Bill Clinton and Lynch is correct insofar as that it happened, but there's no third party to reveal whether the investigation into Hillary Clinton was discussed; Trump's request to "find emails" happened, but aside from conspiracy theorists and people determined to see the worst is understood to have been a gibe at Clinton.

To take Brad’s post a bit further, context needs to be considered.  Trump’s remark was in jest during a campaign rally, Lynch probably should have been fired for the appearance of impropriety. 

Infanteer said:
Well, if the President routinely does such things on twitter, than why isn't it inappropriate of the chair of the intelligence committee as well?

.......and if Trump jumped off a cliff should Schiff follow? You know yourself, that sort of comparison is a bogus excuse.

The stink of corruption is starting to sit heavy on the democrats. Their chicken little charade is coming to an end and will be career ending for many of them. If not jail sentences.

Schiff hasn't got anything. He's a male Maxime Waters. Their desperation is proven in their actions of trying to get the full report before anyone else and their constant bleating of wrongdoing. Now they're attacking Barr. I'm sure once they have it, they'll probably attack Mueller too.

Keep them on the defence so they can't go on the offence seems to be their only plan.

On a side note and maybe someone else has heard. I was listening to a conversation and the subject was about a couple of very skilled and very large law firms that are currently working on investigations of wrong doing by democrats. According the conversation, they have so much stuff, they've got over 5000 indictments ready to recommend.

I'm attaching no veracity to it until it can be verified.

Infanteer said:
Well, if the President routinely does such things on twitter, then why isn't it inappropriate of the chair of the intelligence committee to behave in such a way as well?

I have a question. If Trump can not trust the Mainstream Media to factually report anything of importance, how can he send messages to be delivered  without bias?

Keep in mind that the Mainstream Media has proven to grievously report the Mueller Report information for over two years.  Think of the irreparable harm that has been inflicted on the US.

Infanteer said:
Well, if the President routinely does such things on twitter, then why isn't it inappropriate of the chair of the intelligence committee to behave in such a way as well?

After this presidency I can't see how the position will be viewed as anything other than reality-TV entertainment.

I'm not sure if the revelations of how untrustworthy all these key US players are (lying to congress, law enforcement) is a good thing or better unknown unproven.

Fishbone Jones said:
.......and if Trump jumped off a cliff should Schiff follow? ...

I've concluded some time ago that Trump is jumping off a cliff. I don't think Schiff should follow him.

Jed said:
... Keep in mind that the Mainstream Media has proven to grievously report the Mueller Report information for over two years.  Think of the irreparable harm that has been inflicted on the US. ...

One would think that the cause of the irreparable harm that is being inflicted on the US is still open to debate. I'm somewhat more inclined to believe that this is the cause:

Trump is spouting nonsense at a greater rate

By Michael D'Antonio

Updated 3:06 PM ET, Fri April 5, 2019

(CNN)It's not just that President Donald Trump has been spouting nonsense at a greater rate, although he is. What's new is that his false statements are becoming more bizarre. He said this week, for example, that his Bronx-native father was born in Germany. And they are accompanied by other displays of apparent cognitive distress. Among the glaring examples:

- Last month, the President of the United States looked at Apple executive Tim Cook, one of the most important business leaders in the world, and called him Tim Apple.
- A few days earlier at a conservative conference where he literally hugged a flag, Trump ditched his script and rambled for two mostly incoherent hours. He mixed mockery, profanity and grandiosity in a style more suited to a barstool than a podium decorated with the presidential seal.
- In an Oval Office encounter with reporters this week, he repeatedly used the word "oranges" instead of "origins" to demand an investigation into the beginnings of the independent counsel's probe of Russian influence in the 2016 election.
- Bizarrely, he told a GOP fundraiser audience that "they say" the sound created by energy-producing windmills "causes cancer."

In any family, a 72-year-old man who spoke this way would be the subject of urgent discussions. Trump's trouble accessing words, summoning long-term memories, and naming a famous man in front of him could indicate mental deterioration. Add the crazy talk about windmills and cancer, coming from the leader of the free world, and you get a situation that ought to alarm everyone. ...

... In interviews in the 1980s and '90s, according to Stat News, Trump "spoke articulately, used sophisticated vocabulary, inserted dependent clauses into his sentences without losing his train of thought, and strung together sentences into a polished paragraph, which — and this is no mean feat — would have scanned just fine in print."

More recently, noted Stat, "Trump's vocabulary is simpler. He repeats himself over and over, and lurches from one subject to an unrelated one." When shown examples of the two Trumps, experts saw symptoms that "can indicate slipping brain function due to normal aging or neurodegenerative disease." ...

See rest of article here:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/05/opinions/trump-is-spouting-nonsense-at-a-greater-rate-dantonio/index.html

:cheers:

Really? CNN?

Why not News of the World or the National Enquirer?

They are closer to the truth.

>can indicate slipping brain function due to normal aging or neurodegenerative disease.

Either or both of those, aggravated by the notorious stress of the presidency, is plausible.  But there's still a long way to incapacity, and I doubt the Democrats want to put Pence in the driver's seat this close to the election for any reason.

I'd rather listen to Trump ramble than Trudeau at least. I bet JT can't couldn't even peel potatoes on kitchen duty...but he's running our "democracy".

I'll take an incoherent Trump 100% of the time, thanks.

More recently, noted Stat, "Trump's vocabulary is simpler. He repeats himself over and over, and lurches from one subject to an unrelated one." When shown examples of the two Trumps, experts saw symptoms that "can indicate slipping brain function due to normal aging or neurodegenerative disease." ...

What "experts"?

I know lots of "experts" that see symptoms in Trudeau of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Brad Sallows said:
>can indicate slipping brain function due to normal aging or neurodegenerative disease.

Either or both of those, aggravated by the notorious stress of the presidency, is plausible.  But there's still a long way to incapacity, and I doubt the Democrats want to put Pence in the driver's seat this close to the election for any reason.

Very true.  But both those things would explain a lot.

Fishbone Jones said:
Really? CNN?

Why not News of the World or the National Enquirer?

They are closer to the truth.
CNN's not perfect, agreed -- what sources do you consider a bit more trustworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back