• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird_Gunner45 said:
So the opposition is opposing? The same could be said for the conservatives in Canada who appear to be bent on getting rid of Trudeau or one Donald J. Trump who went around the US accusing Obama of not being a US citizen. The Republicans also spent a majority of their time blocking Obama's initiatives same as the Liberals attempted to do with Harper in minority situations. It's the nature of the beast.

For the rest, she would be better to leave politics and will likely influence the democrats process. Whether that's a "poison pill" is yet to be seen as many had said that Trump was the ultimate poison pill.

For the comments about how Clinton lost/Trump won, 12 states/voting districts were won by a margin of less than 5%, which represented 102 college votes for Trump and 31 for Clinton. As opposed to broad statements claiming she lost/he won for any one or two reasons, the reality is that those 12 districts swayed the election. The real story then is what it was in those voting blocks that caused them to go one way or the other. Its doubtful the reason for Michigan and New Hampshire (both under .5%, going to each party) are the same, so understanding the dynamics in each state is key and more important than broad statements.

The journey is immaterial, as is how they got there.

Trump won.

There are no second place winners.

Only losers.

Fishbone Jones said:
The journey is immaterial, as is how they got there.

Trump won.

There are no second place winners.

Only losers.

True. Remember your advice the next time theres a Democrat president and Congress. 

Bird_Gunner45 said:
True. Remember your advice the next time theres a Democrat president and Congress.

Not advice....just stating fact.

There certainly won't be the unacceptance, violence or open, overt attempts to overthrow the government by the Republicans the way the democrats are doing, even after they said they accept the results. Just more lies from the left.

When obama had his eight years, the Republicans accepted the will of the people, swallowed their disgust and carried on.

So don't forget your own advice when Trump wins again in 2020.

I'm going to step in here with a word of warning. 

Within minutes there were people, on both sides, rolling out conspiracy theories about who is "actually" behind the packages and what the "motives" are.

This forum is not the venue for that.  If you want to flog your favourite conspiracy theory, go find someplace else to do it.

- Milnet.ca Staff

This is getting a 24 hour lock while the posts that followed my very simple request get sorted out.

- Milnet.ca Staff

Trump takes heat over scrapped trip to cemetery in France

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-takes-heat-over-scrapped-trip-to-cemetery-in-france

Twitter Pelts Trump With Photos Of Obama In The Rain After He Ditches Cemetery Visit
President dodges trip to honor U.S. war dead in France due to weather. Critics show how another leader behaved.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/twitter-pelts-trump-with-photos-of-barack-obama-in-the-rain_us_5be76113e4b0769d24cdebb7

[cheers]

I'm pretty sure movement plans of the POTUS are done by the Secret Service. They likely didn't have the hardened vehicle required to move him by road. Maybe they had some intel that would have prevented his attendance. That's their call, not his. It won't stop his detractors though, from trying to spin this up into something it's not. Trump has never shirked his responsibility to praise and honour the troops.  He has stood out in inclement weather before to do so. He is also sincere and heartfelt when he does as compared to the previous POTUS. There was something else, IMO, that prevented his attendance and it wasn't the weather.

Fishbone Jones said:
They likely didn't have the hardened vehicle required to move him by road.

"The Beast", as many call it, goes wherever he goes,

11/11/2018

"Donald Trump arrived first aboard his armored vehicle, "The Beast".
https://www.uspa24.com/bericht-14447/presidents-trump-und-macron-had-a-more-relaxed-dialogue-than-was-expected.html

END QUOTE

Even if it was there, was it able to be utilized? There's a myriad of possible reasons why he couldn't go. Do you know all the protocols for using the beast? A simply traffic plan could've possibly stopped it. Let's face it, France and Paris are the Middle East of Europe, not exactly the safest spot for the POTUS to be joyriding around in. There are tons of reasons why he may not have been able to attend, but the mindless would rather go for the easy win and just say he doesn't like the rain, while smirking at others, in derision, who would rather put some thought into it.

Fishbone Jones said:
Even if it was there, was it able to be utilized? There's a myriad of possible reasons why he couldn't go. Do you know all the protocols for using the beast? A simply traffic plan could've possibly stopped it. Let's face it, France and Paris are the Middle East of Europe, not exactly the safest spot for the POTUS to be joyriding around in. There are tons of reasons why he may not have been able to attend, but the mindless would rather go for the easy win and just say he doesn't like the rain, while smirking at others, in derision, who would rather put some thought into it.

My reply was only to this one sentence,

Fishbone Jones said:
They likely didn't have the hardened vehicle required to move him by road.

mariomike said:
My reply was only to this one sentence,

Ahhh, so you didn't wish to discuss this then? You just wanted to correct me.

Understood, my mistake

Fishbone Jones said:
Ahhh, so you didn't wish to discuss this then?

We did not have a discussion.

My one sentence reply was to one sentence.

I don't see a problem with the cancelled visit to the ceremony. The weather was too windy and wet for the helicopter. Well, maybe he could have taken a motorcade there. Maybe not. They take planning and preparation. He is a extremely high value target and all precautions must be taken. I heard mention of bone spurs from somebody, petty.

Edit to add. How long would it take and how many personnel would be required to clear and secure a 60 mile route?

kkwd said:
I don't see a problem with the cancelled visit to the ceremony. The weather was too windy and wet for the helicopter. Well, maybe he could have taken a motorcade there. Maybe not. They take planning and preparation. He is a extremely high value target and all precautions must be taken. I heard mention of bone spurs from somebody, petty.

Edit to add. How long would it take and how many personnel would be required to clear and secure a 60 mile route?

They always have a rain plan involving ground transportation. Always. And an event of this magnitude would have already had ample police assigned; adding one more motorcade to security arrangements is not hugely arduous; you don't close off a whole road for the whole time; mostly it can be done with a rolling tunnel of police motorcycles. With the president of the USA on the ground they would have had them standing by ready just in case a ground move was necessary regardless. He had the choice, and he chose not to go. The Secret Service make a lot of tactical calls, but if he says he's going to something it's their job to make it happen. He decided he had better things to do than to go to the ceremony to honour the fallen. That's on him.

Brihard said:
They always have a rain plan involving ground transportation. Always. And an event of this magnitude would have already had ample police assigned; adding one more motorcade to security arrangements is not hugely arduous; you don't close off a whole road for the whole time; mostly it can be done with a rolling tunnel of police motorcycles. With the president of the USA on the ground they would have had them standing by ready just in case a ground move was necessary regardless. He had the choice, and he chose not to go. The Secret Service make a lot of tactical calls, but if he says he's going to something it's their job to make it happen. He decided he had better things to do than to go to the ceremony to honour the fallen. That's on him.

Mattis and Dunford made it....

Along with plenty of other world leaders, to their respective ceremonies...

Pretty sure part of the planning process is checking the weather forecast.  Everybody's planning team seemed to be able to figure things out. 

kkwd said:

I think you are probably wasting your time. There appear to be two major groups wherever this is discussed, anywhere, on social media.

Those that think there may have been an incident of some sort to stop his attendance and are willing to discuss possibilities.

and

Those that think his non attendance was a purposeful, pre-designated snub. Or that Trump doesn't like the rain. I especially like the ones that second guess the secret service motives and protocols as if they were the policy authors of those contingency plans and directing the operation from the epicentre.

Then there's a small group that doesn't seem to have a lot of direction, one way or another, that just toss around one liners attempting to humiliate a poster or opinion on social media. They are not interested in discussion, just weak personal agendas. Best to be avoided and ignored, IMO.

I'm willing to go either way the truth goes. As long as it's a proven. Others not so much.

YMMV. Good luck. I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference, no matter where the topic is discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back