• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Spam and Scam Superthread- Merged

[quote
[/quote]

Okay, heads up here's a new one and twist. Pass it one.

3 Whitehall Court, London,
SW1A 2EL London
Private Mobile: 44 704 576 2068

My name is Harry Jantamanta, UN humanitarian abuse reporter here in UN
Independent Station United Kingdom.  I got your contact through cross border
business information centre

situated here in London as an online investor.

On behalf of my partners, I seek your assistance to accommodate and invest for
us the sum of USD22.6M. The money in question is sourced to us by a particular
head of states as a

gesture for appreciation of a good work rendered to their country, but In line
with the moral principal of our services, we are not required to accept gift of
any kind nor own

more than 10,000 USD in our respective bank account, hence our plea to be
represented by a trust worthy person to accommodate and invest the sum for us.

Please note that this request is not a hoax.
We count on your ability to accommodate and invest the funds for us until we are
able to process our resignation successfully.

If you are interested please provide me with the following in return email:

YOUR NAME IN FULL
YOUR OFFICE OR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
TEL AND FAX NUMBER

As soon as I hear from you, further details regarding the transaction will be
unveiled to you.

I look forward for your urgent response.

The latest variation on the Nigerian Banking bunko which I received this morning.  Seems to me a Heineken Gift Certificate might  be a more credible come-on than a Bank Draft this time of year, ya' think? 

FEDEX COURIER SERVICE,
EDO STATE,NIGERIA
WEST AFRICA.
19th-12-2008.

Dear Customer!
SHIPMENT CODE: CPEL/OWN/9856
PARCEL #: EG2272

We have been waiting for you to contact us regarding the delivery of your
package to you. We assumed that our contact details was given to you by
Heineken.The content of your package itself is a Bank Draft worth of
$800,00.00USD.The package is registered with us for mailing by Heineken,
We are sending you this email because your package has been registered on a
Special Order.

What you have to do now, is to send us your residential address.Note that as
soon as we confirms your information, it will take only two working day
(48 hours) for your package to be delivered to you. For your
information,the VAT & Shipping charges as well as Insurance fees have been
paid by Heineken before your package was registered.Also note that the
payment that is made on the Insurance, Premium & Clearance Certificates,
are to certify that the Bank Draft is not a Drug Affiliated Fund (DAF)
neither is it funds to sponsor Terrorism in your country. This will help
you avoid any form of query from the Monetary Authority of your country.

However, you will have to pay a sum of  ($160.00USD) to the FedEx Delivery
Department being full payment for the Security Keeping Fee of the FedEx
company as stated in our privacy terms & condition page. Also be informed
that Heineken would have paid for the Security Keeping fee,but we do not
accept such payment considering the facts that all items & packages that
is registered with us have a time limitation and we cannot accept payment
not knowing when you will be picking up the package or even responding to
us.So we cannot take the risk to have accepted such payment in case of any
possible demurrage.

Kindly note that Heineken did not leave us with any further information.
We hope that you respond to us as soon as possible because if you fail to
respond before the expiry date we may refer the package to the Nigerian
Commission for Welfare as the package do not have a return address.

Kindly get back to us (FedEx Delivery Post) by filling the form and send
it to the back to this office.This is mandatory to re-confirm your Postal
address

and telephone numbers.

Full Name:
Contact Address:
State:
City:
Sex:
Mobile/Fax No:

As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you the
necessary payment procedure so that you can effect the payment for the
Security Keeping Fees and hence the delivery of your package to you takes
place immediately.

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs. Asari Victor.
FedEx Online Admin Team.
Tel:+234-709-3073-270

They have opened a Canadian branch office. I got the following a few days ago. Note the creative spelling in the subject heading.

Subj: Canadian Revenue Agecy 
Date: 12/15/2008 6:34:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Canada Revenue Agency
Online Refund Form 

After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 386.00.

Please submit the tax refund and allow us 3-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here>>

Copyright Canada Revenue Agency. All rights reserved. www.cra-arc.gc.ca

Teach those scammers a lesson, and post it!

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

IAMADILDO-371x502.jpg

dileas

tess

Old Sweat said:
After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 386.00.

Please submit the tax refund and allow us 3-9 days in order to process it.

Why would anyone submit a refund?  ???  Doesn't even make sense to me.

PMedMoe said:
Why would anyone submit a refund?   ???  Doesn't even make sense to me.

would imagine that they're saying that you are entitled to a refund but that, in order to get it, you have to ask for it.....

go on, ask for it, what do you have to loose ??? 

>:D

I've recently been exchanging emails with a Mr. Anderson Fong - Barrister and Solicitor in good standing with the bar in Malaysia.  He has sought me out, because I have the same surname as one of his clients, who was killed by the Tsunami a couple years ago.  If he and I don't act quickly, the Malaysian government will confiscate all the money - which wouldn't be right.  Well, it would be less right than stealing estate money by claiming to be related to a Malaysian anyway... but I digress... had him going for a bit.  Too bad it's a scam - I really could use 60% of $17.5M US.

I'm not sure what part lost him - the text of my last letter, or perhaps the attached picture...

Mr Fong,

I would like to phone you, but I am without a phone at the moment (I am stealing my neighbour’s WiFi).  There is a payphone outside of my apartment building, however, if you are willing to call me there, perhaps we can work something out.

I would like to complete most of our business by emails, as it is brutally cold in Canada this time of year – and I also have no pants.  While it is perfectly legal to run about (pronounced ‘aboot’) Canada without pants, due to the temperature hovering around minus 82 degrees celsius, I’m afraid I simply can’t spend a great deal of time on the phone.

These moneys you have access to will go a long ways to providing me with pants and a phone.

I have included a picture of myself, so that you may know that I’m legitimately without pants… it is a summer picture, I will try to steal a digital camera today and take one of me frolicking in the snow.

It would help with my trust issues (I was weaned from the teat early) if you too could send a picture of yourself.  You can wear pants if you want.

But I digress, you have left out any discussion of my suggestion that we split the money 60% for me, and 40% for you – if this is workable, I will run outside quickly and get the payphone number for you.

t.

Not actually a picture of me...

** editted for formatting and readability.  many times.  argh.

Just got this one a couple of days ago.

OUR REF:TIT/4631,

We avail ourselves of this opportunity to approach you for the establishment of business relations with you. We

are presently contacting you for the existing post a Representatives / Collection Agents so you can help us

establish a medium of getting to our customers in the your country, precisely USA and Canada.

If interested, Please contact Aiko Shibata, Controller,Accounting Department via email:  xxxxxxx @ kimo.com..

for more information.

Respectfully Submitted,

Tomoyuki Oe,
President.
Tomoyuki Incorporated.
Head office: Tokyo

Wadda ya figger? Scam?   ;D ;D

I had to edit to kill the link.  Bad Bdawg,bad!

I always figure that the only reason these scams are still around is because people are falling for them.

Here's a fraudulent letter that is supposed to be from the Canada Revenue Agency.  If you read the letter and look at the form, there are numerous grammatical errors that should alert the recipient that this is not on the up and up.  Also, I don't believe they'd ask for a copy of your passport as identification.

My favorite is this one:

How often do you come to Canada and when did you arrive last?                  Yes                  No                    ???

Makes you wonder sometimes.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/lrts/2008/l080818b-eng.pdf

I think the change in font in the main text's body is a giveaway that there's something wrong with the letter.... but that's just me.

geo said:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/lrts/2008/l080818b-eng.pdf

I think the change in font in the main text's body is a giveaway that there's something wrong with the letter.... but that's just me.

Oh yeah, that too.  Formatting and everything certainly does NOT look like it came from a government agency.

Here is the weirdest scam email I have ever gotten. There is no end to the ways they can come up with to suck money out of you.

Hi,

My name is Lena, I am 32 years and I live in Russian province. I work in a library and after my work I can use computer when it possible.
I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have 7-year daughter Angelina, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother.

Due to the crisis in our country my mother lost job and our situation became very difficult.
The price for heating our home is very high and we cannot afford it anymore.

The weather is very cold here already and we don't know what to do.

We need portable stove which give heat from burning wood. We have many wood in our region, but we cannot buy the stove in local market because it cost
equivalent of 192 Euro and very expensive for us. 
If you have any old portable wood burning stove, I pray that you can donate it to us and organize transport of its to our address. We live 200km from
Moscow. This ovens are different, usually they made from cast iron and weight about 100kg.

Please let me know if you can help and I will write you our home address.

I downloaded our picture to free website and you can see it at
(URL removed)

I wish that the New Year will bring you happiness, good health and all your dreams will come true!

Elena.

If you're dumb enough to send money to a scammer, then you're probably dumb enough to follow that by sending money to the "FBI Agent" on the case ......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2131643.ece

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: Today

A LONELY postal worker has landed himself in huge debt – after handing over £130,000 to a string of internet scammers.

Shane Symington started sending cash to the fraudsters in 2007 after he was contacted by a woman claiming she needed funds to help her sick mother.

The trusting postie agreed and started sending money from an inheritance he had received when an elderly relative passed away.

Fraud

He even stumped up the cash for a funeral when the woman said her mother had died.

He finally smelt a rat after the woman failed to reply to any of his emails.

Symington was then contacted by another 'victim' who told him the woman he had been in contact with was actually a Nigerian gang.

That email was quickly followed by one from men claiming to be the FBI who said they were investigating the fraud.

The men told Mr Symington they would take on his case if he sent money to fund their trip to Nigeria, including any costs they incurred during the trip.

Mr Symington agreed and, after taking out loans to raise the funds, he eventually sent money to three separate ’FBI’ agents.

This went on until December last year when Mr Symington realised he had been scammed again.

In total he forked out just over £130,000.

Now to rub salt into his wounds, police say he won’t be able to recover the money he sent because the Nigerian police are not willing to cooperate.

Detective Jon Knox said: “This is a very sad situation.

“This man has now parted with huge sums of money through his own good nature - by trying to help others and then by trying to recover some of what he had lost.

“We do not want anyone else to fall foul of this kind of shocking activity.

“I would warn anyone who is asked for money over the internet by people they do not know to refuse, and not put yourself at risk.”

Hi all,

I currently work in one of the largest banks in Canada and have had the chance to observe first hand one of these scams take over $130 000.00 worth of a military member and bank customers' money....a "scam" cheque was sent to Mr. X, in turn he deposited the cheque to his account, it was held for a month(due to the amount and being in usd). The cheque cleared.....the kicker was the cheque was from a well know US technology company but the payable to has be "washed" and made payable to "Mr. X". The fraudulent part was only found out after the issuer (technology company) got their cashed cheque back but the proper payable to company didn't recieve their funds. Mr. X had then after a month cabled the money to "scammer" and then found out the "intercepted" cheque he received was fraudulent. At this point the bank is dealing with DND to recover funds from him.
Because of this and similar situations our institution has severe and strict guidelines that are in place to hopefully stop this from ever happening again.

P.S.  If it sounds too good to be true..........IT IS!

Pollock said:
At this point the bank is dealing with DND to recover funds from him.

Help me understand here.....

Some military guy was stupid and sent his money to a scam , so how did this become DND's problem ?

CDN Aviator said:
Help me understand here.....

Some military guy was stupid and sent his money to a scam , so how did this become DND's problem ?

Maybe because Mr. X is an employee of DND? The bank is going to the employer to have a
direct access to the paycheck ?

CDN Aviator, Yrys is probably right.  The bank has probably gone through DND to garnish this guy's wages.

Pollock said:
I currently work in one of the largest banks in Canada and have had the chance to observe first hand one of these scams take over $130 000.00 worth of a military member and bank customers' money....

Ok then. i was reading that to say that some military guy had fallen victim to the scam. So it had me wondering why DND would be involved.

DND would just act upon a garnishment order from a court. There are only a couple of circumstances when a court order is not required. So the role of DND in this matter is minimal. The bank wouldn't have any dealings with DND without that magic piece of paper in their hand. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

PMedMoe said:
CDN Aviator, Yrys is probably right.  The bank has probably gone through DND to garnish this guy's wages.

Hold on a sec here.

Why would someone write a cheque, send it to mister Nigeria Scammer, then have his pay garnished.

He would have had to have the money in his account, before he wrote the cheque, correct?

If he borrowed the money from the bank, to cover the amount, I would think the bank would ask questions about why he was borrowing the money.

I am going with CDN Aviator, as this sounds a bit wonky to me.

Especially working for a bank, and one investigating such a scam, I find it hard you would be advertising such fraudulent behaviour on a military site.

Again, I don't buy it either.

dileas

tess

Back