• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Shaving Superthread- All You Want and More....

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Thank You Obedientiazelum, I needed a chuckle this morning.

Wait!  You're serious?

Then what about a Bra allowance for women?  Under the regs, they are required to wear one under their DEU shirt - and bras are expansive (at least the fancy ones I buy for my wife once a year at Christmas as a gift to myself are, but I digress).

If only...... ;D

Then all our female members would be asking for a razor allowance as well (for their legs and underarms), sanitary napkins, Neet, etc. 

Where would you like to draw the line?

You know......if it hasn't been done. There's a thought.

In the absence of an allowance, keep all the related receipts from razors, and anything else attributed to conforming with the regs.

Come tax time submit same as a employment expense, and enclose a copy of the pertinent reg.

You'd probably be surprise at what CRA might let you get away with.

OK..........just a response.......I didn't start the thread, but since I already read all the posts...I might as well have at it and weigh in....

Go ahead and try that with CRA. Just make sure you keep the offset in reserve plus a little extra for the stupid tax.

Scott said:
Go ahead and try that with CRA. Just make sure you keep the offset in reserve plus a little extra for the stupid tax.

Indeed. I didn't say I was going to try it. But if a member was keen.....

I have however seen a lot of employment expenses allowed with much of the same backup.....it depends on who's scrutinizing the return at the other end i'm sure.

Bluebulldog said:
You know......if it hasn't been done. There's a thought.

In the absence of an allowance, keep all the related receipts from razors, and anything else attributed to conforming with the regs.

Come tax time submit same as a employment expense, and enclose a copy of the pertinent reg.

You'd probably be surprise at what CRA might let you get away with.

OK..........just a response.......I didn't start the thread, but since I already read all the posts...I might as well have at it and weigh in....

Are you one of these guys who thinks they can claim for haircuts as well?

I thought this was part of what "incidentals" was intended to cover under TD claims?

Should I ask for an allowance for "Breathing".  I am required to do that on a regular basis.

Bluebulldog said:
Indeed. I didn't say I was going to try it. But if a member was keen.....

I have however seen a lot of employment expenses allowed with much of the same backup.....it depends on who's scrutinizing the return at the other end i'm sure.

Guys who get stupid with that sort of shit are the ones that make it very difficult, and more costly, for the rest of us who have genuine honest items on our returns. Seriously, it's been mentioned before, the amount of freebies that go with military service far outweigh the minor cost of a fucking set of razor blades, boot polish, haircuts, etc.

Can we please send this thread to where ever stupid threads go to die ?

George Wallace said:
Are you one of these guys who thinks they can claim for haircuts as well?

Not at all George. But if someone's going to spitball an idea about claiming an allowance, I work on civvy street, just had the thought and figured I'd put it out there.

Scott said:
Guys who get stupid with that sort of crap are the ones that make it very difficult, and more costly, for the rest of us who have genuine honest items on our returns. Seriously, it's been mentioned before, the amount of freebies that go with military service far outweigh the minor cost of a ******* set of razor blades, boot polish, haircuts, etc.

No arguments on my part Scott. OZ simply put out a bit of an absurd idea, as I said before, simply in the spirit of the discussion, I had the thought as well. Speaking completely in the abstract, not as a matter to be actioned on

CDN Aviator said:

Agreed.

CDN Aviator said:

It was immediately moved to Radio Chatter, where it belonged in the first place, after it was posted.

Don't post to it and it'll die on it's own.

Staff

ObedientiaZelum said:
I'm not sure how accurate that is but shaving IS frigging expensive so it made me think-should the cf pay for razors?

Costco. 50 bucks for 16 Fusion razor blades, lasts me over 6 months with shaving 5 times a week. 10 bucks a month isn't expensive, I spend more than that on beers at the ranks in a week on Thursdays.

Buy a double-edged safety razor. Higher initial cost, around $50-100.

Shaves are great, and blades are cheap. You can grab a 50 blade pack for anywhere from $10-25. That lasts me almost a year of heavy shaving.

I'm gonna put in for all my booze at the last mess dinner. It seemed like a work related expense that I get absolutely inebriated beyond the norm. The RSM ordered us to have a good time for ourselves! ;D

dogger1936 said:
I'm gonna put in for all my booze at the last mess dinner. It seemed like a work related expense that I get absolutely inebriated beyond the norm. The RSM ordered us to have a good time for ourselves! ;D

Do you have receipts?

Haggis said:
Do you have receipts?

I'm gonna have to get an accountant to figure it all out from the pockets full of quarters and loonies in my mess kit. ;D

dogger1936 said:

I think we should have the Government conduct an Environmental Assessment on this.  I volunteer my services as a SME.  We can assess the amount of alcohol that members have individually filtered out of the products consummed at Mess Dinners so that a less harmful liquid can be returned to the environment.  Results of this environmental assessment may be cause to affect a Bill to be passed in Parliament to contract out persons to filter out the alcohol from numerous products produced and sold through Brewers Retail, The Beer Store, LCBO, and other institutions across the nation.  It is dangerous work, but someone has to do it.

GO GREEN.

Cattle are the largest producers of methane on the planet.
Save the environment.  Eat more Beef.

George Wallace said:
I think we should have the Government conduct an Environmental Assessment on this.  I volunteer my services as a SME.  We can assess the amount of alcohol that members have individually filtered out of the products consummed at Mess Dinners so that a less harmful liquid can be returned to the environment.  Results of this environmental assessment may be cause to affect a Bill to be passed in Parliament to contract out persons to filter out the alcohol from numerous products produced and sold through Brewers Retail, The Beer Store, LCBO, and other institutions across the nation.  It is dangerous work, but someone has to do it.

GO GREEN.

I wonder if the issue could be mitigated by consuming "Organic" beer?

ObedientiaZelum said:
suggesting that shaving every day is probably as expensive as smoking.
As a former smoker, let me tell you that this is absolute BS.

Back