• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The next in Ghillie suits?

YeOldFootman

Inactive
Reaction score
http://home.att.net/~militaryillus/id72.htm

"Hey, do you remember seeing that pile of wood we passed here in the desert?"

It's actualy a very intresting concept worth exploring. I know many a sniper or recce guy that would just use the surrounding material to add to his concealment but as we all know in a haste sometimes you make do with what you have and having that "could" come in handy...

Wow, I wonder if its really as lightweight and durable as the claims are. Very cool, although I think it would be awkward to move around.

I find this really cool and funny. 
It's something from a cartoon.  Is the Canadian or US army adopting this ?

Homer Simpson said:
I find this really cool and funny. 
It's something from a cartoon.  Is the Canadian or US army adopting this ?

It's an aftermarket kit site.  At first the appearance and design had me thinking it was a joke.

And yes, I do agree this could be an interesting concept.  Under a pile of debris may probably be the last place you'd think to look for an enemy.

Knowing the scrounging habits of the third world, expect your sniper to be picked up and quickly Incorporated into a nearby building.  :)

well until the predator camo comes into the stream than i guess this is a step. ummmm but ya that pile oooo wood was really fake looking. I bet that the thermal aspect hasnt been looked at yet. imagine a cattle pasture..? or some that plastic poo or vomit from the old novelty store. applications are endless....lol ;D

Colin P said:
Knowing the scrounging habits of the third world, expect your sniper to be picked up and quickly Incorporated into a nearby building. 
especially with the lack of wood in A-stan.

I'd bet if you sent an e-mail to the makers of this site, you would recieve a quick response;

....of half a dozen army guys rolling on the ground, laughing themselves silly, at your apparent gullibility.

paracowboy said:
especially with the lack of wood in A-stan.

Whatabout piles of bricks?  ;D

The last couple didn't look half bad... Whatabout the rock helmet?

Here's a great Urban Ghillie suit.
20050222-box.jpg

did anyone see the pic's of the Israeli's with their new helmet covers? does anyone know the background on them?

they looked.....really not kewl, but if they're using them there must be a reason

They have been using some pretty "unusual" ones for a while.

Former member "pappy" had posted some of the Israeli helmets from the 70's with those.

boondocksaint said:
did anyone see the pic's of the Israeli's with their new helmet covers? does anyone know the background on them?

they looked.....really not kewl, but if they're using them there must be a reason

The covers are ment to screw up the head's shape. Exactly why they're wearing them with out  other camoflauge is for them to answer.

boondocksaint said:

Yeah they are called the "Mitznefet" (Clown) helmet covers... and were the only piece of camo that Israeli soldiers have received in the last 30 years... oh but they are reversible so that makes them special

Back