• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The news said the CF is not hiring anymore?

Wilamanjaro

Inactive
Reaction score
  I am merit listed, waiting for the big selection in April 2012. I was told that they were saying in the news that the CF is closing a lot of bases and are cutting way back on recruiting. Is this true? What's the story?

Certain trades are closed at the moment (like infantry) but as a whole there is no stopping, just slowing. As for bases closing... none that I'm aware of.

There are a number of trades that have not yet filled their intake for the year and which are currently actively hiring.

They are planning on freezing the numbers at around 68000 active Reg force members for the next 4 years (2016). In the process they are expecting to close smaller bases that no longer need to be active as the activity at those smaller bases can be handle by nearby bigger bases and/or bases that are no longer of use to the CF. Although it was announced that as per attrition rate, they are expecting 4500 trades to be open in 2012 (4000 in 2011, so higher numbers for 2012), this was announced on their Facebook page by the chief of staff.

P.S. All this information is in the Thread posted above.
P.P.S. There is an article on the freeze state and bases closing @ http://news.nationalpost.com just search for freeze size of regular forces.  :salute:

DogFighting101 said:
They are planning on freezing the numbers at around 68000 active Reg force members for the next 4 years (2016). In the process they are expecting to close smaller bases that no longer need to be active as the activity at those smaller bases can be handle by nearby bigger bases and/or bases that are no longer of use to the CF. Although it was announced that as per attrition rate, they are expecting 4500 trades to be open in 2012 (4000 in 2011, so higher numbers for 2012), this was announced on their Facebook page by the chief of staff CF CWO.

P.S. All this information is in the Thread posted above.
P.P.S. There is an article on the freeze state and bases closing @ http://news.nationalpost.com just search for freeze size of regular forces.  :salute:

TFTFY

And it's not really a freeze, a freeze means they are not hiring at all. The 68000 is only the trained effective strengh. There was always a "Cap" on the number of people the CF could employ, that number for the next 5 years, has been set to 68000. The number is subject to change, of course, by whomever decides what the TES is (I forget who that person is, someone may be able to better explain it).

frank1515 said:
TFTFY

And it's not really a freeze, a freeze means they are not hiring at all. The 68000 is only the trained effective strengh. There was always a "Cap" on the number of people the CF could employ, that number for the next 5 years, has been set to 68000. The number is subject to change, of course, by whomever decides what the TES is (I forget who that person is, someone may be able to better explain it).

Thanks!

Back