• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

Never thought about it that way, That actually makes a lot of sense.  I'd end up having the BII with someone having a bad day.

Side Note:  I had a friend who's RCMP career was delayed by 1.5 years because the Polygraph Examiner failed her because she didn't pay taxes on babysitting money she made when she was in high school.  She owed less than $100, and she's probably the most honest individual I know.  She got in no problem in the next round, and the new examiner couldn't believe she was help back for something so minor.  So yeah, having multiple people asses you makes much more sense.

WEng87 said:
Never thought about it that way, That actually makes a lot of sense.  I'd end up having the BII with someone having a bad day.

Side Note:  I had a friend who's RCMP career was delayed by 1.5 years because the Polygraph Examiner failed her because she didn't pay taxes on babysitting money she made when she was in high school.  She owed less than $100, and she's probably the most honest individual I know.  She got in no problem in the next round, and the new examiner couldn't believe she was help back for something so minor.  So yeah, having multiple people asses you makes much more sense.

Just remember that this is what your friend is telling you she was failed for.

For the BII at the end of October. I was just told not to expect anything until February.  :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

NinerSix said:
Just remember that this is what your friend is telling you she was failed for.

I know what you're saying, and if it was any of my other friends I would not believe them for a second. 

Jstock92 said:
For the BII at the end of October. I was just told not to expect anything until February.  :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

They're telling me I probably won't hear anything until February as well, But I haven't done a BII and will likely being doing a MPAC.

Maybe a Mistake was made when I asked. plus I`m in valcartier so things get lost in translation all the time.

Hi guys,
In regards to the recent BII's and employment offers. I did the BII on Oct 28th and got my offer on Dec 01.

Congrats on the offer! I'm still waiting to hear back, hopefully soon. Anyone else get an offer?

What is your recruiting centre location?? I believe there may be disparities in getting informed of job offers because the specific branch ultimately make the call to inform you of your offer.

I for one, applied to the Hamilton recruiting branch and they haven't yet called for an offer.

Grpyhman78 said:
What is your recruiting centre location??

Not sure who your asking but I was last to reply, I'm in Kelowna, BC. Still on competition list as of today I was told. 30 some odd positions are still available for this year apparently.

I started a new 2017/18 recruiting thread for mp, for anyone who wants to ask lots of questions and that. Any current MPs we would love for some answerers to go on and help us out a bit, even though you do already. Thanks.

Grpyhman78 said:
What is your recruiting centre location?? I believe there may be disparities in getting informed of job offers because the specific branch ultimately make the call to inform you of your offer.

I for one, applied to the Hamilton recruiting branch and they haven't yet called for an offer.
No, the Branch decides who is suitable, makes a merited list, then notifies the recruiting centers of each candidate as they go down the list.  So...exceptionally attractive candidate is top of the list and gets called first.  If they are selecting 40 candidates, the first 40 on the list get notified by the recruiting center and presented an offer.  If they accept the offer, awesome.  If they don't, the recruiting center notifies the Selection pers and they move down the list to candidate 41 etc until they have 40 pers who have accepted an offer. This process takes time, it might take a week or two longer for someone farther down the list to get the call.

Ref available positions...please don't get confused as per the number of positions available "this year" and the number of positions on the course starting in Jan.  The recruiting year coincides with the fiscal year, so until end-Mar.  Those 30 positions may not be selected and filled until Feb in order to load them onto Basic in March with an eye to getting them onto the August QL3.

Does anyone know if they contact every single occupation you list on the MP reference form? Just worried they'll contact my current employer and I'd rather them now know that I'm looking at leaving for the Forces.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Does anyone know if they contact every single occupation you list on the MP reference form? Just worried they'll contact my current employer and I'd rather them now know that I'm looking at leaving for the Forces.

I recommend that you let your references know that you have them listed, because when they are contacted they will be better prepared to answer the questions of the recruiter and provide you with a better reference. This should have been done before you listed them, did they agree to be your reference?

IslandTrooper said:
I recommend that you let your references know that you have them listed, because when they are contacted they will be better prepared to answer the questions of the recruiter and provide you with a better reference. This should have been done before you listed them, did they agree to be your reference?

I believe he’s referring to specific places of employment, not who he listed as a specific reference. They’re separate categories if I recall correctly, not one-in-the-same.

They did contact every previous employer I listed. They also did contact my current employer but luckily they knew I was planning on leaving and gave good reference. I was under the impression you could request they do not speak to your current employer because it could put you in a bad spot. Have a look over the forms again and see if there is a check box for that option. If not call CFRC and they will know more.

The CFRC may give you an option not to have your current employer called for a reference check but the MPs do not.

Every MP applicant who moves on to the background check phase has a thorough background done and your current and previous employers WILL be contacted.  No exceptions.

I got my OJE reading assignment package with tons of documents to learn. I am having trouble finding MPPTPs and the MP Gp Orders. Are these available on DWAN for any member to access or do you need special permissions?

danteh said:
I got my OJE reading assignment package with tons of documents to learn. I am having trouble finding MPPTPs and the MP Gp Orders. Are these available on DWAN for any member to access or do you need special permissions?

MPPTP's for the most part are obsolete and have been superceded by the MP Gp Orders, however the Group Orders SharePoint requires that you apply for access via DWAN in order to read them.

Back