• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Michael Moore Super Thread- Merged

Michael Moore

• Total voters
Originally posted by Genesis:
[qb] Hmm, if it is a hoax this confuses the situation even more. This is at the top of the page from the link a couple of posts above.[/qb]
Nah, they‘re clarifying that this was not a hoax. They weren‘t trying to fool anybody. Its still fake, but its not a hoax.

Here, this‘ll clear it up even more:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hoax

See, "An act intended to deceive or trick.". This wasn‘t intended to deceive or trick, as that news site always posts made-up stories.

Doesn‘t mattter if you have to pay or get it for free. It‘s full of lies (just like his other films) and I won‘t be watching it either way.

As you may have heard by now, we finally have a distributor in America for "Fahrenheit 9/11." Actually, two of them! Lions Gate Films and IFC Films have agreed to aggressively distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11" in theaters all across the country beginning three weeks from today on Friday, June 25th. We are, needless to say, extremely grateful for their courage (trust me, no matter what the potential box office may be, anyone who has considered taking on this distribution job has also met with a lot of pressure NOT to do it in the past month).

They will open it on a record number of screens for a documentary. There is no stopping it now!

These are great distributors. Jon Feltheimer, the man who runs Lions Gate, was the executive in charge of the company that produced my television series, "TV Nation." And the people at IFC (which owned Bravo) were the same people responsible for funding and broadcasting my other series, "The Awful Truth." So we are in very good hands.

(And, as an added bonus, Lions Gate is a Canadian company. Once again, the Canadians to the rescue! It was also a Canadian company, Salter Street Films, that produced "Bowling for Columbine." I know, it's kinda sad we have to keep depending on our good neighbors to the north. But maybe this is the year we give 'em their Stanley Cup back.)

There's a lot more to tell you -- and I will write to you again over the next few days. I'm in the mood to spill some beans, much to the consternation of certain people. Oh well!

Also, I have posted the trailer for "Fahrenheit 9/11" so that you can get your first glimpse at scenes from the movie--you can check it out at www.fahrenheit911.com.

Thanks for all your wonderful letters of support -- they have meant a great deal to us.

Save the date -- June 25! It's the first summer film where the special effects will be real...

Yours truly,
M-I-C (see ya real soon!)
K-E-Y (why? because they can't kill this
friggin' movie!)
M-O-O-R-E

P.S. For our fans in the rest of the world, don't worry -- you already have distributors. And most of you will also be able to see it this summer! Thanks.

Ahh good ole Mikey Moore... Your opinion on this Mjr. Baker?

It almost makes me laugh at the fact that a politics forum on a Canadian army discussion board is dominated by Michael Moore an AMERICAN film  maker..But anyway I too look forward to the Major's response.

As do I because the Major's responses to Michael Moore are a laugh and a half ;)

Smoothbore said:
Is Michael Moore oriented to the left?

No hes not a very politically minded person. His films are usually quite shocking in their lack of political content.

I find Michael Moores films to be quite fair and balanced.   He clearly doesn't have a political agenda...Yeah Right.  Check his website.  http://www.michaelmoore.com if your question is a serious one, you will find your answers there.

What's the deal with Chubby Moore and Canada?? I always see him on tv wearing Canada baseball caps.  

You got to give him credit  for gathering attention though, most people on this board have watched at least one of his documentaries.
He can't be stupid if he makes that kind of money.

http://www.navyseals.com/community/articles/article.cfm?id=3802
Michael Moore Has Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Footage ?
Published: June 14, 2004
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Filmmaker Michael Moore had footage of prisoner abuse in Iraq long before the atrocities captured international attention, but decided to stay quiet until his new movie came out. Now he's questioning that decision.

"I had it months before the story broke on '60 Minutes,' and I really struggled with what to do with it," Moore told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I wanted to come out with it sooner, but I thought I'd be accused of just putting this out for publicity for my movie. That prevented me from making maybe the right decision."

Moore captured the footage for his documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11," which makes its debut in theaters nationwide June 25. It shows an American soldier fondling a prisoner's genitals through a blanket. Soldiers also laugh and pose for photos while putting hoods over Iraqi detainees.

"The stuff with the detainees in my movie is even more shocking than what we saw in that prison because it happens outdoors and is more commonplace," Moore said.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" won the top prize at the Cannes Film Festival in May. It is critical of President Bush's response to the Sept. 11 attacks and ties him to Osama bin Laden's family.

The film created controversy, and intense interest, when Disney Chairman Michael Eisner said he wouldn't let the film be distributed. Lions Gate Films, IFC Films and the Fellowship Adventure Group are now handling its distribution. It will be in 700 theaters, the largest opening for a Moore film.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press.

???  This is a Michael Moore thread, isn't it?  Came across it this morning and posted it FYI, that's it.  Thanks for asking though.

This is a Michael Moore thread, isn't it?

Exactly.
Seems like a good point to me.

"Michael Moore a Fat F***".  I like it. Cracks me up every time I hear that monstrosity to the human race called that. The man reminds me of those consiences objectors of WW2. Facist sympathiser prehaps he is? Anyway preach on sir.

Appears he's now shoved his fat (censored) into our election. Just what I needed Michael Moore telling me how rto vote.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/06/19/505211.html

It seems to have offended the nintendosniper brigade over at Military Photos, although I do think the cartoon is priceless.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17790

Mr. Moore....
             Please keep your ideological crap on your side of the border you fat, no all, waste of human flesh.

Yours Truly,
                                              Pte. Clark    :soldier:

Sorry, a self move from mess - political.   Michael Moore gets his rather large butt fed to him in this analysis of Fahrenheit 9/11.

If you have doubts about Michael Moore, you should read this article.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Quote:

"To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery."

Apparently Ray Bradbury is also upset that his book title has been "lifted" by Moore.  He's asked for an apology, and asked for the film to be renamed.

Back