• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The hour

kr1kit

Inactive
Reaction score
How many of you out there watch "The Hour" with George Stroumboulopoulos(what a mouth full)? I was a fan of him back when he was on much music, and i find this show to be one of the best things on T.V. right now. He gives news and politics a different view, intelligent opinions and his guests are always entertaining. Hes one of the few news figures out there that doesn't show any real bias, and looks at everything in a very fair manner. He attracts a younger crowd to be interested in these subjects due to his stature and the way he is.

So just looking for anyone else's opinion on the show, and the man.

I do watch and enjoy this show. I did not like alot of the earlier stuff George S. however this one seems to be a great show.

I watched it for awhile, but found it long on hype, short on content and bending towards "CBC group think".

Mixed feelings,
Like everything else, some good, some bad

George S. is a smart guy but needs to refine his interview style big time. He tries too hard to be like John Stewart but is bereft of comedic ability, talks too fast in a mumbly tone, wears stupid clothes, genuflects before his guests and imparts information like it's gospel. He comes across like the know-it-all college kids I go to school with. If I watch the show, I feel force-fed. To sum up, he's too smart for the MTV crowd but no Steve Paikin or Michael Coren.

I believe his show may help engage some younger people in current events they would otherwise not give two craps about because they think watching the news is "boring". He does put a more youthful spin on current events....his show is still a lot more interesting and stimulating than the majority of crap that's spewing from your TV set.

Back