• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The History of Majestic French Military Victories

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Taken off a U.S. web site.
A good laff!!

The History of Majestic French Military Victories

So the French still aren‘t on board with us spanking Iraq. Oh boo hoo. Let‘s take a look at the mighty French military prowess, shall we?

Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France‘s armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians. Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War - Tied

War of the Augsburg League/King William‘s War/French and Indian War - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France‘s ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it‘s like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn‘t call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare: "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald‘s.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France surrenders?"

has anyone tried typing "french military victories" into google, and licking I‘m Feeling Lucky?

Originally posted by spacelord:
[qb] has anyone tried typing "french military victories" into google, and licking I‘m Feeling Lucky? [/qb]
Spacelord I didn‘t even hit I feel lucky but what a laff!!!LOL!!!!!!!

Still chuckling heheh! :D

Good one,you Westies have alway‘s had a good sense of Haha ;)

Sadly if this post was about any other nation, it would be racism or anti-american crap and it would be taken of this forum. But for some reason Amercians and Canadians feel it‘s okay to put down the French.

I don‘t know, if i (or anyone else) started talking about attrocities or even military blunders that americans have done through out their past i would catch some heavy negitive flak over it, even if it‘s all "fact". (We need only look back a few pages and see some of our members heated responses to comments even said without malice).

It would be very interesting to see peoples attitudes if the french decided to join in the war against Iraq. I bet we would hear Bush praise them for their bravery and applaud them for helping end an evil regieme and make links to how the iraq people are just like the french and saddam was like hitler.

It‘s wrong to make fun of country A but by allmeans, country B is fair game. Not very cool in my books.

I wonder how many of these people who make fun of France have ever actually been there... :rolleyes:

I guess it would be better for all of us to live under the rule of a corrupt tyrant...

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons !
Qu‘un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !

france_flag_270.jpg

Relax, the post is a joke.

However, most of it is true.

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees.

To give the marching German soldiers some shade.

Ha, Merry Christmas, cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

I‘m the first one to make fun of them, let alone quebec

Im jealous i only know battered wife jokes and no french ones :)

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb] Relax, the post is a joke.

However, most of it is true.

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees.

To give the marching German soldiers some shade.

Ha, Merry Christmas, cheese-eating surrender monkeys. [/qb]
Joke part 2:
why did they cut those trees down 60 years later?

Because Iraqi soldiers like to march in the sun.

I think jokes like this are all in good fun, and people shouldn‘t be offended by them.

why did they cut those trees down 60 years later?

Because Iraqi soldiers like to march in the sun.
I don‘t get it.

I wonder how many of these people who make fun of France have ever actually been there...
Well i‘ve been there . Can I make fun of them ? :fifty: :D ;)

Originally posted by axeman:
[qb] I wonder how many of these people who make fun of France have ever actually been there...
Well i‘ve been there . Can I make fun of them ? :fifty: :D ;) [/qb]
Axeman I was there in Ruoen,when I was on a Norwegian Ship when I was at sea.(75)
I found them very concetd and arrogent.
After 2 day‘s I had no time for them!!!!!! :threat:

I don‘t like the Continental French,I have more time for our Quebecuios and Acadian‘s!! :salute:

In my 27yrs Iv‘e met some great Quebecer‘s aaaaaand had load‘s of fun with them!!

:cdn:

Quebec is home to the only Francophones that can fight.

I don‘t think it is so much of making fun of the French people, but more of the French Army.

theres nothing wrong with eather the french people or their army, the whole thing started when the U.S got pissed off when the french didn‘t want to join the war( for whatever reason, it was still there choice/right to decide not to) as for the wars they lost is history, im sure it had no part in frances answer to the UN. :)

yeah.. personally i dont blame the soldiers. I blame the leaders... think about it.. how often do the Pte and Cpls have a say in how our military is run?

I‘m sure you guys all saw this one, from the gallery;
http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Humour/pod.jpg

Originally posted by hawain_light:
[qb] theres nothing wrong with eather the french people or their army, the whole thing started when the U.S got pissed off when the french didn‘t want to join the war( for whatever reason, it was still there choice/right to decide not to) as for the wars they lost is history, im sure it had no part in frances answer to the UN. :) [/qb]
Exactly.

Originally posted by Cpl Thompson:
[qb] yeah.. personally i dont blame the soldiers. I blame the leaders... think about it.. how often do the Pte and Cpls have a say in how our military is run? [/qb]
Precisely.

"I‘m sure you guys all saw this one, from the gallery;"
http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Humour/pod.jpg
i find that in poor taste, im sure those soldiers are trained just as well as us, and some of there american counterparts

Try the French Commando course and let me know what you think about their training. The only difference between Ranger training and the French Commando training... are French Fries and Freedom Fries in the mess. :warstory: I personally eat both. :salute:

After all, if you are talking about soldiers( not leaders)then they are all similar in the 1st world. I respect them all as several courses in several countries kicked my *** around equally well.

Back