• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Grip Strength Superthread- Read Here First

In the military, CoC stands for Chain of Command.  I think my buddy has one of the ones you are talking about at around 250 lbs.  A few weeks with that and you could crush coconuts!

Dean22 said:
After talking to the person I know I recognized that chin ups cannot work for small/light people for grip very well unless you can go to failure.

What I posted were techniques to go to failure easily especially for those struggling with their fitness and who are heavier.

My grip sucked horribly before I started training so I can't tell you what it was before but I do know it improved a lot.

On the hand dynamometer I held it wrong (I had my thumb on the top instead of the thumb/forefinger arch) but I had scored 50kg per hand. For dead lifts the most I have ever done was 300 but I believe that can be mostly attributed to my leg power.

For chin ups, if your body weight isn't enough, you can add weight via a belt + chain to hang plates or put plates in a back pack.

I definitely find chin ups work my grip.

Also, if you never use straps for DLs and do them every week, your grip will get good, fast. A lot of people think they're grips are failing, when really, they just need to chalk up and they'd be good for a few more pounds/reps.

zipperhead_cop said:
In the military, CoC stands for Chain of Command.  I think my buddy has one of the ones you are talking about at around 250 lbs.  A few weeks with that and you could crush coconuts!

Ahh, thanks. So many acronyms on here.

And yeah, the CoCs are the gold standard for grip strength.

You can also pinch plates and stuff, as well.

There's really limitless possibilities when it comes to working your grip.

Back