• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
recceguy said:
:facepalm:

Truer than you think. Careful what you wish for. ;)

Yuup!  The madness will only spread:

12360163_10156311209820254_8902792986089721153_n.jpg

Jarnhamar said:
We need to ban "assault style clothing".
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/news-video/video-two-suspects-dead-wearing-assault-style-clothing-police/article27573521/

The Prime Minister can add it to the assault weapons hes taking off the street.

Personally, if it stops the police officers in Montreal from wearing combat pants with their uniform as a form of negotiation tactics and sends them back into their regular full uniform, I am all for it.  ;D  :nod:

George Wallace said:
Yuup!  The madness will only spread:

12360163_10156311209820254_8902792986089721153_n.jpg

As long as we hike the insurance and licence them to collect taxes let's do it.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Personally, if it stops the police officers in Montreal from wearing combat pants with their uniform as a form of negotiation tactics and sends them back into their regular full uniform, I am all for it.  ;D  :nod:

They aren't assault pants when police officers wear them, they are "patrol" pants, so this wouldn't apply to them.

Jed said:
As long as we hike the insurance and licence them to collect taxes let's do it.
So.... considering that "doing a pipe" in vernacular French refers to an act of oral copulation on a male, what you're suggesting is, in effect, legalizing and taxing prostitution.  [:p

I'm sure our pot-loving PM will be right on that one once he takes care of obfuscating on taxes, pretending to play nice with the loony enviros on 'man-made' global warming and sending his skittles-pooping unicorn across the land to spread hope & change (tm)  ;D

Alright I think I have a solution that will mak everyone happy:

1. Ban all hand-guns; collect and destroy all existing hand-guns, except those held by law enforcement
2.  Produce two different rifles (one .22, one .30). There will be no variations on these rifles. I literally mean there will only be two designs. No different colours, no different materials, no different barrel lengths, no customization, period.
3. Produce only two different shotguns (.12 gauage and.. pick another gauge). Same restrictions as above.
4. Collect and destroy all other shotguns and rifles.
5. All rifles and shotguns will be limited to 3 round magazines.
6. Have all rifles and shotguns produced by one company with one standardized system of serializing the weapons.

That should about do it.

>:D

Lumber said:
Alright I think I have a solution that will mak everyone happy:

1. Ban all hand-guns; collect and destroy all existing hand-guns, except those held by law enforcement
2.  Produce two different rifles (one .22, one .30). There will be no variations on these rifles. I literally mean there will only be two designs. No different colours, no different materials, no different barrel lengths, no customization, period.
3. Produce only two different shotguns (.12 gauage and.. pick another gauge). Same restrictions as above.
4. Collect and destroy all other shotguns and rifles.
5. All rifles and shotguns will be limited to 3 round magazines.
6. Have all rifles and shotguns produced by one company with one standardized system of serializing the weapons.

That should about do it.

>:D

Create a National Gun Building Strategy, headquartered in Cape Breton and Northern NB.  Plenty of money will be given to Irving for upgrading of old Mills to produce "government approved guns".  No guns will ever actually be produced though as the plan is simply a pork and barrel employment scheme.  The government will quietly pay Irving millions of dollars to decomission their gun factories. 

Humphrey Bogart said:
Create a National Gun Building Strategy, headquartered in Cape Breton and Northern NB.  Plenty of money will be given to Irving for upgrading of old Mills to produce "government approved guns".  No guns will ever actually be produced though as the plan is simply a pork and barrel employment scheme.  The government will quietly pay Irving millions of dollars to decomission their gun factories.

Brilliant!

ballz said:
They aren't assault pants when police officers wear them, they are "patrol" pants, so this wouldn't apply to them.

I think that's a really important point.

There seems to be an organized effort by the police to socially engineer how guns are viewed between when they use them and civilian firearm owners do.

When police talk about a civilian owned AR15 it's an ASSAULT RIFLE.  When it's in the possession of the police it's a police carbine.  I believe we mentioned in this thread the video of a police chief talking about the rifle that was stolen out of the RCMP vehicle. He starts to call it an assault rifle and corrects himself half way through to police carbine.

It seems very blatant and deliberate.

Jarnhamar said:

There seems to be an organized effort by the police to socially engineer how guns are viewed between when they use them and civilian firearm owners do.

When police talk about a civilian owned AR15 it's an ASSAULT RIFLE.  When it's in the possession of the police it's a police carbine.  I believe we mentioned in this thread the video of a police chief talking about the rifle that was stolen out of the RCMP vehicle. He starts to call it an assault rifle and corrects himself half way through to police carbine.

Maybe, but you hear the term assault rifle far more often being used by the media, and in their case I'd wager it's more ignorance than anything.

Jarnhamar said:

Before we start talking about the media and outside agencies utilizing what many consider to be "incorrect" language, we should clean house first...

DRDC...

http://www.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/en/dynamic-article.page?doc=the-evolution-of-the-smart-gun/i5xyz550
More firepower, improved accuracy and smart integrated accessories that connect to command and control networks are the headline features of the new integrated assault rifle concept that Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) and Colt Canada have developed for the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

Gun enthusiast magazines...

http://calibremag.ca/colt-bankruptcy-what-it-means-for-colt-canada/

...and went on to produce everything from finely-made six-shooters to the famous M4 assault rifle, it’s not exactly a huge surprise...

Colt Canada...

http://www.coltcanada.com/assets/cc-2013-cat-web.pdf

There is not a concentrated law enforcement effort to socially engineer people. Colt Canada provides a carbine. It remains a carbine.

Baloo said:
Before we start talking about the media and outside agencies utilizing what many consider to be "incorrect" language, we should clean house first...
... not to mention waiting to see the wording of any laws and regulations that'll be developed to keep "whatever" off the streets.

Baloo said:
There is not a concentrated law enforcement effort to socially engineer people. Colt Canada provides a carbine. It remains a carbine.

Yup it's a carbine.  When the police speak about it in their hands it's a police carbine. When the police speak about it in a civilians hands it's an assault rifle.

Jarnhamar said:
Yup it's a carbine.  When the police speak about it in their hands it's a police carbine. When the police speak about it in a civilians hands it's an assault rifle.

[:D

Really though language is important.  Maybe less for ugly POS make-work projects from Colt Canada but more so when dealing with the impressionable voting public.

Assault Rifle gets incorrectly used by police and the media all the time. It's a scare tactic.  Even when they can't get away with calling something an assault rifle(which unless it's full auto it doesn't fit the definition)  it still gets labeled as "assault", because assault is scary.

http://www.cfseu.bc.ca/wp/man-arrested-and-multiple-guns-seized-during-joint-cfseu-bc-and-rcmp-investigation-2/
"One (1) SKS 7.62mm semi-automatic assault-style rifle"

Pretty convenient herald for the Liberal plan to "remove assault weapons off the street". What's an assault weapon? Whatever they want it to be.  the conservatives aren't in power and won't be able to stop thousands of Canadians from becomming criminals over night with the stroke of a pen.

from Wikipedia- An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

is this wrong or unacceptable definition?

Is Webster's supposed to be special? Better than Wikipedia? What about battle rifle again from Wikipedia(for consistency)?

A battle rifle is a military service rifle that fires a full-power rifle cartridge, such as 7.62×51mm NATO or 7.62×54mmR.

At the end of the day, its still a rifle. Websters is an accredited dictionary. If you cite Wikipedia in a school environment, you'll get laughed at.

A rifle is a rifle is a rifle. Any can be used for battle, any can be used to assault a position, any can be used to hunt. Throwing random labels on rifles like "battle" or "assault" simply serve to instill fear in the uneducated, not properly classify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back