• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Biggest things I noticed in the law is
1) all new semi-auto firearm designs designed originally for more than a 5rd capacity magazine will immediately be a prohibited firearm (basically all new semi-autos will be illegal to ever own in Canada).
2) possession of information that could be used to make a prohibited firearm or device (including magazines) is illegal, not just simply making them. This one could be a bit of a issue for say someone who wants to create a legal magazine and get the info for a unpinned one, despite having intentions to pin it.
3) all firearms made illegally no matter what the legal classification would otherwise be, shall immediately become prohibited firearms.
4) all handguns are now formally unable to be transferred.
5) anyone who has ever had a domestic charge will be unable to ever get a firearms licence again (even if it was say when they were 18 and have had a clean record otherwise and are now 60).
6) can have anyone apply to a judge to have your firearms removed and they can seal all info as to who made the complaint to deny you due process.

I might be missing some other big changes but those seem to be the key ones.
Maybe responsible firearms owners should take advantage of the yellow and red flag laws by filing complaints against all members who voted for it and the bureaucrats in the departments involved as well as the riding association executives of the above members.

I mean, if you really feel your life is now in danger it is your civic duty to make sure that those people with access to firearms that have made you fear for your safety are denied that potential to harm you.

My apologies if this has already been published as it was first issued back on 07 Dec 2023. The PSPC has issued an Invitation to Qualify (ITQ) for the Firearms Buyback Program.

From the Canadabuys website:

Nature of Requirements:

Firearms Buyback Program- Invitation to Qualify

This Invitation to Qualify (ITQ) is the first phase of a procurement process by Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) for the Firearms Buyback Program on behalf of Public Safety Canada (PS). Suppliers are invited to pre-qualify in accordance with the terms and conditions of this ITQ in order to become "Qualified Respondents" for the later phases of the procurement process. Only Qualified Respondents will be permitted to respond to any subsequent solicitation issued as part of the procurement process.

This ITQ is neither a call for tender nor a Request for Proposal and is not to be considered in any way a commitment by Canada, nor as authority to potential respondents to undertake any work that could be charged to Canada.

Project Overview: Gun violence crime involving firearms is a growing threat to public safety in our communities. The Government of Canada is taking action to help keep Canadians safe through the Firearms Buyback Program (FBP). The primary intent of the FBP is to remove the number of newly prohibited firearms from circulation in Canada by offering fair compensation to businesses and individuals impacted by the prohibition. Through the Firearms Buyback Program, Public Safety Canada will acquire collection, verification, validation, transportation, and destruction services for prohibited Assault Style Firearms (ASF) for PS, The estimated volume of these firearms held by Businesses is within the range of 10,000 to 15,000, and the volume held by Individuals is within the range of 125,000 to 200,000. These estimates could vary as the number of affected non-restricted firearms is unknown. It is Canada’s intention to have an iterative and phased approach to contracting for this requirement.

See attached file for more details.

Attachments

• ABES.PROD.PW_XYZ.B002.E29229.EBSU000.PDF
    749.2 KB · Views: 2
Each one comes with a suppressor, one reason is for hearing protection. (Gazes at Magic 8 ball🎱) Perhaps, maybe, we can wish that, we can get the Conservatives to look at these in a new light when they revamp the gun laws after the take government.
Army has two variants in development for the next modular assault rifle | Canadian Army Today
View attachment 82341

IMHO we need to get away from relying on optics and get back iron sights, for the average rifleman. But I'm ornery today ;)

IMHO we need to get away from relying on optics and get back iron sights, for the average rifleman. But I'm ornery today ;)
FWIW I agree. Optics can be broken. Use them but be good enough to at least scare the enemy with iron sights.

I’ve just started gravitating to optics in the last five years so I still remember what iron sights are for and how to use them somewhat

Back