• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Yup, he just shot big holes in my survivors inheritance
Not to mention this totally screws you from passing on a possibly sizeable chunk of your estate to your survivors, no more 12(7) for you.
There is going to be lots of deathbed giveaways. Then they'll really have a problem. Thousands of handguns will probably disappear into the air.

Looks like Trudeau and friends are going after the rest of semi-automatic firearms in Canada including all semi-auto's with removable magazines.

On behalf of this coalition, the Liberals added a disastrous amendment to Bill C-21 effectively prohibiting several million additional, individual rifles and shotguns. These new prohibitions will include the SKS, Tavor, X-95, all AR180 and variants, Canuck bullpup shotguns, Crusader Arms, Kel-tek Sub2000, SU16, RDB, RFB, JR Carbine, Kriss Vector, Ruger PC Carbine, Norinco T97NSR, Benelli M4 and countless more.
This amendment has been put forward by the Liberals and they have the votes to add it to Bill C-21. If Bill C-21 passes, and again they do have the votes, these firearms as well as all formerly prohibited firearms will be enshrined in legislation.
Bill C-21 also now prohibits ALL CENTERFIRE SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearms with removable magazines.

I think he only went with this to also now include the (People’s Republic of China’s) Norinco Type 97 NSR, only after Xi Jinping schooled his ass in public for being an indiscrete blabbermouth chatterbox…

If people think this will stop with suspected criminals, I have a Caribbean island in Hudsons Bay just waiting for you to hit the beach.

More rights removed in the name of social justice. It'll be the same when they come for our guns. Or your vehicles, in the name of the green gods, or your house, because you have to be equal with the illegal aliens and give them your digs.
Today they took your guns and the means to protect your family and property. Tomorrow, they'll take whatever they want. I can't wait until all the sheep finally have that epiphany, that trudeau did have a plan. It just didn't include them.

"Beware of fascists with slogans. "You will own nothing and you will be happy" is no different than "Arbeit Macht Frei."

205025209_10159059008675306_8647722081690279658_n.jpg

If people think this will stop with suspected criminals, I have a Caribbean island in Hudsons Bay just waiting for you to hit the beach.

More rights removed in the name of social justice. It'll be the same when they come for our guns. Or your vehicles, in the name of the green gods, or your house, because you have to be equal with the illegal aliens and give them your digs.
Today they took your guns and the means to protect your family and property. Tomorrow, they'll take whatever they want. I can't wait until all the sheep finally have that epiphany, that trudeau did have a plan. It just didn't include them.
Not going to happen. Guns are an easy sell. Cars and homes? Not so much.

There has already been churn on vehicles. Mostly from the howling left, but thats how all this starts.

Now add in the war on landlords and its not unfeasible. I can see it, but I readily admit my bias.

Last edited:
There has already been churn on vehicles. Mostly from the howling left, but thats how all this starts.

Now add in the war on landlords its not unfeasible. I can see it, but I readily admit my bias.
I'm not saying that there won't be people on the left who legitimately believe in and support some of the actions/policies alluded to by @Fishbone. I've seen myself, from reading the comments on news stories about landlords, that even the most innocent "landlord" (say, a single mother renting out a basement apartment) is seen as a vile and deplorable leach for nothing more than being a "property owner". However, I believe that the vast majority of Canadians on both sides of the political binary would be against such measures, and therefore any government trying to push "car and home seizures" or something like it would soon find themselves out of the job.

I'm not saying that there won't be people on the left who legitimately believe in and support some of the actions/policies alluded to by @Fishbone. I've seen myself, from reading the comments on news stories about landlords, that even the most innocent "landlord" (say, a single mother renting out a basement apartment) is seen as a vile and deplorable leach for nothing more than being a "property owner". However, I believe that the vast majority of Canadians on both sides of the political binary would be against such measures, and therefore any government trying to push "car and home seizures" or something like it would soon find themselves out of the job.

I agree it does sound far fetched. But I don't put it out of the realm of possibility. The Canadian people are very quick to give up other peoples privilege's and possessions to protect their own.

I can see restrictions and justifications required on things like housing and vehicles.

"Beware of fascists with slogans. "You will own nothing and you will be happy" is no different than "Arbeit Macht Frei."

View attachment 75083
He's too rich, take his stuff!!!

I agree it does sound far fetched. But I don't put it out of the realm of possibility. The Canadian people are very quick to give up other peoples privilege's and possessions to protect their own.

I can see restrictions and justifications required on things like housing and vehicles.
Honestly I think the next thing to after is inheritances. Lots of money will be passed down over two generations and the gvt will want its cut…

Back in the 1940-50's I suspect this is what the gun owners said.

I sincerely hope this latest rumours of prohibition remain that (though I am not feeling that lucky today).

The only good thing is that level of prohibition would include substantially more firearms than any previous one, specifically ones held by a huge cross section of firearms owners, not just a very small number. The previous orders affected about 100k for the AR-15s, Swiss Arms, CZ 858s, AT/.50cal guns, and about 600k for handgun owners. There is substantially more variety of firearms owners who own SKS's than those other ones combined. About 80% of the firearms owners I know own one. That includes people who primarily hunt, people who target shoot, people that collect, etc. They were so cheap for so long they are basically as common as a Lee Enfield in firearm owning households, thinking about it I know more people with SKS's than Lee Enfields.

Like most things Canadian we are willing to throw others under the bus to save ourselves. This time it might be a broad enough brush stroke to finally unite most firearms owners.

No sense looking at individual types, SK's, etc. The prohibition is for semi auto centre fire rifles and shotguns that use a detachable magazine (per CCFR).
Like my 3 shot Remington 742 deer rifle.

remington.jpg
(file pic)

No sense looking at individual types, SK's, etc. The prohibition is for semi auto centre fire rifles and shotguns that use a detachable magazine (per CCFR).
Like my 3 shot Remington 742 deer rifle.

View attachment 75090
(file pic)

Yup detachable mag semi-autos.

As said above this may finally be enough to unite the whole of the firearms community.

Never say never. That's how we got here. It's a slow creep. What happens when our eco terrorist Environment Minister decides your dryer uses too much electricity?
It's not a gun issue, per say. It's a property issue. And there is no 'buy back' in the legislation, it's straight out confiscation.
Can't fight it with a lawyer, if your trying to decide whether to heat or eat. Taxes will likely hit over 50% of gross by next summer.
Like I said, trudeau has a plan, it just doesn't include us, unless it's to be his bank.

I sincerely hope this latest rumours of prohibition remain that (though I am not feeling that lucky today).

The only good thing is that level of prohibition would include substantially more firearms than any previous one, specifically ones held by a huge cross section of firearms owners, not just a very small number. The previous orders affected about 100k for the AR-15s, Swiss Arms, CZ 858s, AT/.50cal guns, and about 600k for handgun owners. There is substantially more variety of firearms owners who own SKS's than those other ones combined. About 80% of the firearms owners I know own one. That includes people who primarily hunt, people who target shoot, people that collect, etc. They were so cheap for so long they are basically as common as a Lee Enfield in firearm owning households, thinking about it I know more people with SKS's than Lee Enfields.

Like most things Canadian we are willing to throw others under the bus to save ourselves. This time it might be a broad enough brush stroke to finally unite most firearms owners.
It's not a rumour. They successfully passed this amendment to C-21, adding at least another 400 firearms to the original Bill containing over 1500 others. These numbers also don't include the variants. Like I said anything semi auto, centrefire, with a box mag.

Our only hope is that the Senate holds it up long enough for a successful election to oust the orange and red liberals.

Our only hope is that the Senate holds it up long enough for a successful election to oust the orange and red liberals.

I love your optimism or hope but the Cons will not win a majority. And any attempt at a reversal to this legislation would probably topple a minority Con gov. So they wont touch it.

Back