• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The DEU Sweater - Keep, Bin, Improve

Do you wear the DEU Sweater

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
STOP IT!
You want Work Dress to come back? The wheels on the bus go round and....................... :LOL:
Don't need to go that far.

Issue the current purchased CANEX jacket. There are no patches or other adornments other than ranks on there, and the current ones (unlike the crappy old ones) are actually well made with a good removable liner for the winter.

Also, for those with flowing locks thanks to HAIRFORGEN, no need to mess up your 'do when taking it off, unlike a sweater :sneaky:

I don't think the SOF community would be impressed with the great unwashed wearing their gear!
Meh…Arc’Teryx is so pretty-COVID. Back to North Face… 😉

I did too, until I tried on my Rocky SV2s.

It was like walking on clouds once I got the heel cup thing sorted.
I have Magnums, which apparently, are the Neanderthal of boots, except if you have Fred Flintstone feet, which I do. They work for me.

STOP IT!
You want Work Dress to come back? The wheels on the bus go round and....................... :LOL:
Or Garrison Dress. I'm one of the fourteen guys in the Army that actually liked it. :giggle:

120138836-3493385477388104-3562826558317187025-o_orig.jpg

🍻

Or Garrison Dress. I'm one of the fourteen guys in the Army that actually liked it. :giggle:

120138836-3493385477388104-3562826558317187025-o_orig.jpg

🍻
Around the same time, the RCN got the polyester version of NCDs, which on the face of it made sense. NCDs were expensive, being made from Nomex and (supposedly) fire retardant. Why wear them out on fleet school/shore postings?

But, the Army version had even us nautical oxygen-thieves scratching our heada: So you wear some Hasbro-made-GI Joe-looking DPM rip-off jacket that makes US Army woodland cammo look cool in barracks, but you still use the 50 year old olive green combats in the field? Okaaayyyy…..

My unit dress regs state that obese people are not allowed to wear the sweater. Does anyone else have that?

But, the Army version had even us nautical oxygen-thieves scratching our heada: So you wear some Hasbro-made-GI Joe-looking DPM rip-off jacket that makes US Army woodland cammo look cool in barracks, but you still use the 50 year old olive green combats in the field? Okaaayyyy…..
The grey-green combats actually weren't that bad in the field and blended in okay if you were in shadows. Not so much standing in an open field of blueberries in Petawawa.

The irony of wearing unicoloured uniforms in the field and camouflage in the office was not lost on us. But it was a great improvement in a soldierly look over the garage mechanic rags that were work dress.

We were generally limited in when we were allowed to wear combat based on some belief that they were much, much more expensive to make and replace than work dress and shouldn't be worn out by doing such menial tasks as sweeping the floor of the gun park and greasing the M109s and L5s. And yes, standards would fluctuate every time there was a change of RSM appointment.

Which all takes me back to the 60s when we regularly wore coveralls in the field and when working rather than wearing battledress or FSODs.

🍻

Back