• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Brookfield Megathread

Brookfield T4's.
Had the email stating the t4's would be with the individual by 28 Feb. Anyone know if they are out earlier or do they wait till the last minute.

Thanks

If you're registered with CRA, you can check for your T4s on their website.  My T4 for my employment as a public servant was posted to the CRA site before it was posted to the public service pay portal.

dapaterson said:
If you're registered with CRA, you can check for your T4s on their website.  My T4 for my employment as a public servant was posted to the CRA site before it was posted to the public service pay portal.

Thanks, I see my other T4's, just waiting in Brookfield

Good day.

I have just started the process of a move to Winnipeg for course through Brookfield. When I went in today for my initial planning session, I was told that I would not be authorized movement of HG&E from my current location because I am on prohibited posting even though CFHA gave me a PMQ. Instead, I'm only entitled to move from place of enrollment. I graduated from ROTP and was posted to BTL.

Here's the kicker: 3 other individuals are in the same boat as me at different bases, going to the same course, and have been told that they can choose to be moved from either place of enrollment or their current location. I'm struggling to see where the interpretation was so different between them and me.

Is there anyone with more experience with these moves that might be able to shine some light on my situation?

Cherrysu said:
Good day.

I have just started the process of a move to Winnipeg for course through Brookfield. When I went in today for my initial planning session, I was told that I would not be authorized movement of HG&E from my current location because I am on prohibited posting even though CFHA gave me a PMQ. Instead, I'm only entitled to move from place of enrollment. I graduated from ROTP and was posted to BTL.

Here's the kicker: 3 other individuals are in the same boat as me at different bases, going to the same course, and have been told that they can choose to be moved from either place of enrollment or their current location. I'm struggling to see where the interpretation was so different between them and me.

Is there anyone with more experience with these moves that might be able to shine some light on my situation?

That's correct.  Apparently and from what you are saying, your Posting Instruction says "MOVE OF (D) HG&E PROHIBITED". 

What CFHA does, has no effect on this nor do the circumstances surrounding the other 3 people from the other locations that you have mentioned.

Can't shine much more light on this one, other than to guess that with a "Prohibited" move, it's going to be a Chap 11.2 relocation.      :salute:

DAA said:
That's correct.  Apparently and from what you are saying, your Posting Instruction says "MOVE OF (D) HG&E PROHIBITED". 

What CFHA does, has no effect on this nor do the circumstances surrounding the other 3 people from the other locations that you have mentioned.

Can't shine much more light on this one, other than to guess that with a "Prohibited" move, it's going to be a Chap 11.2 relocation.      :salute:

I understand what you mean but I'll clarify my situation. The posting that I am on at the moment is prohibited (received back in May). I just received a new message for a restricted posting to Winnipeg.

I'm currently in Greenwood on a prohibited posting and just received a message for a restricted posting to Winnipeg. The Brookfield agent told me that I'm only entitled to move HG&E from my place of enrollment which is London unless I pay out of pocket for the uncovered amount. I know of three other individuals in the exact situation as I am on different bases (we're all being posted to Winnipeg for the same course, all on prohibited at our respective bases), however they've all been told they can choose a move from enrollment address or current place of duty. Although I understand that all moves are done on an individual basis, I'm just wondering if I or the agent are missing something here or interpreting something wrong.

All else fails I think I'm going to see the DND IRP coord and hope that they can help me figure out the situation, but I'd like to have an idea of what's going on beforehand and before I pull the trigger on a u-haul.

Unless things have changed drastically - your initial move from place of enrollment is not done through Brookfield - it's done directly through Base Traffic with your posting message as authority.

If your place of enrollment is not the same as where you are now (which is likely) you can request a change of F&E location with your Wing/Base AdminO as the Approval Authority.  Get into your closest OR and ask those questions - come ready to provide some suitable COAs.

Ditch said:
Unless things have changed drastically - your initial move from place of enrollment is not done through Brookfield - it's done directly through Base Traffic with your posting message as authority.

If your place of enrollment is not the same as where you are now (which is likely) you can request a change of F&E location with your Wing/Base AdminO as the Approval Authority.  Get into your closest OR and ask those questions - come ready to provide some suitable COAs.

I didn't even know that was an option. Thanks!

There was a clarification on these types of moves in 2006. If you can find that message it may help you out.

It was more of a policy clarification, I think they used to post them on the cfirp website, it specifically cited pilots and navs being attached posted for extended periods while posted prohibited to Winnipeg.

Cherrysu said:
I'm currently in Greenwood on a prohibited posting and just received a message for a restricted posting to Winnipeg. The Brookfield agent told me that I'm only entitled to move HG&E from my place of enrollment which is London unless I pay out of pocket for the uncovered amount. I know of three other individuals in the exact situation as I am on different bases (we're all being posted to Winnipeg for the same course, all on prohibited at our respective bases), however they've all been told they can choose a move from enrollment address or current place of duty. Although I understand that all moves are done on an individual basis, I'm just wondering if I or the agent are missing something here or interpreting something wrong.

All else fails I think I'm going to see the DND IRP coord and hope that they can help me figure out the situation, but I'd like to have an idea of what's going on beforehand and before I pull the trigger on a u-haul.

Now that makes much more sense.  As a graduate of the ROTP program, your move will be managed by Brookfield based on 1.1.03

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-ch1.page#art-01-01-03

Your relocation benefits will be calculated based on a Move from Place of Enrolment under 11.1

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-ch11.page#sec-11-01

At one time, the CFIRP Policies did allow certain discretions (ie; split moves, moves from other than place of enrolment with no cost restrictions, etc) when it came to ROTP (RMC Students in particular) graduates but I do believe, that this is no longer the case.

You can speak with your local DND IRP Coord but they will probably tell you the same thing above.

DAA said:
At one time, the CFIRP Policies did allow certain discretions (ie; split moves, moves from other than place of enrolment with no cost restrictions, etc) when it came to ROTP (RMC Students in particular) graduates but I do believe, that this is no longer the case.

You can speak with your local DND IRP Coord but they will probably tell you the same thing above.

I've had friends from RMC who had the same problem.

When we were in 4th year, we were permitted to move off campus and live in houses. We were also entitled to a full move of HG&E through Brookfield from our place of enrollment to Kingston. I personally only moved a bed, a desk and a small shelving unit, because I didn't have much else at my parents. This was considered my "initial move", and as a result, when I got posted to Victoria after Graduation, I got a full move from Kingston to Victoria.

This was not the case for everyone. I had an air force friend, for example, who enrolled in Calgary. When he moved out in 4th year, he did not take advantage of an "initial" move through Brookfield. He said that his parents had thrown out all his major furniture. As a result, when he graduated and was posted back to Alberta to await pilot training, he was only he entitled to a move from his place of enrollment to his new place of duty. Problem was, he had amassed a bunch of furniture while living off-campus in Kingston (bed, dressers, etc). He was told that because he had not yet taken an "initial move" he was crap-out-of-luck. He could organize the move himself and Brookfield would give him the cash value of wahtever the cost of a move from his place of enrollment to his new job in Calgary would be, but thats all.

:goodpost:

Awesome example and "exactly" how things work.  It was a dogs breakfast and in several instances, RMC Students who chose to live-out, ended up with the short straw come posting time.

Lumber said:
I've had friends from RMC who had the same problem.

When we were in 4th year, we were permitted to move off campus and live in houses. We were also entitled to a full move of HG&E through Brookfield from our place of enrollment to Kingston. I personally only moved a bed, a desk and a small shelving unit, because I didn't have much else at my parents. This was considered my "initial move", and as a result, when I got posted to Victoria after Graduation, I got a full move from Kingston to Victoria.

This was not the case for everyone. I had an air force friend, for example, who enrolled in Calgary. When he moved out in 4th year, he did not take advantage of an "initial" move through Brookfield. He said that his parents had thrown out all his major furniture. As a result, when he graduated and was posted back to Alberta to await pilot training, he was only he entitled to a move from his place of enrollment to his new place of duty. Problem was, he had amassed a bunch of furniture while living off-campus in Kingston (bed, dressers, etc). He was told that because he had not yet taken an "initial move" he was crap-out-of-luck. He could organize the move himself and Brookfield would give him the cash value of wahtever the cost of a move from his place of enrollment to his new job in Calgary would be, but thats all.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly...

I have applied for ROTP via the CT (U) program.. Assuming if and when I get an offer this will be important.

My mom lives in City A, I attended school in City B (8 hours from my Mom), I enrolled in the reserves in City B, I`m done my undergrad now and I am now in City C on attach posting. The vast majority of my Items are in City A (My dad moved them back for me).

If when I get an offer I will need to move all items from City C (mainly clothes, army kit, school supplies and hockey equipment)  either back to my mom`s or bring them with me to Kingston and once I`m in my 4th my year do my Initial move from City A to Kingston and then once I get posted for training I can get all my stuff moved from Kingston to whereve I end up?

Or since I will be technically releasing and re-renrolling into the regforce will Kingston be considered my new enrollment point?

-----------------
Edit:
I think i`ll be given similiar benefits to thos who transfer over through the UTPNCM program as per  Section 4.9

CF Military Personnel Instruction 03/08 http://cmpapp.mil.ca/dgmc/pg/iss-si/ct-tee/ct-app-tee-eng.asp:

4.9 Component Transfer Career Programs

All CT applicants selected for attendance to an RMC program and meeting the OFP status under this instruction shall be treated as if they were UTPNCM candidates. CT applicants who do not meet the OFP status shall be treated as if they were ROTP candidates

runormal said:
Let me make sure I understand this correctly...

I have applied for ROTP via the CT (U) program.. Assuming if and when I get an offer this will be important.

My mom lives in City A, I attended school in City B (8 hours from my Mom), I enrolled in the reserves in City B, I`m done my undergrad now and I am now in City C on attach posting. The vast majority of my Items are in City A (My dad moved them back for me).

If when I get an offer I will need to move all items from City C (mainly clothes, army kit, school supplies and hockey equipment)  either back to my mom`s or bring them with me to Kingston and once I`m in my 4th my year do my Initial move from City A to Kingston and then once I get posted for training I can get all my stuff moved from Kingston to wherever I end up?

Or since I will be technically releasing and re-renrolling into the regforce will Kingston be considered my new enrollment point?

They don't allow living off in 4th year any more, so it's kind of moot. You won't get an initial move to Kingston, so yes, you would have to have everything you want shipped to your new posting in City A.

However, yours is an odd situation because you are in the reserves, but I would say that whatever CFRC processed your transfer to the reg force would be your place of enrollment.

Lumber said:
They don't allow living off in 4th year any more, so it's kind of moot. You won't get an initial move to Kingston, so yes, you would have to have everything you want shipped to your new posting in City A.

However, yours is an odd situation because you are in the reserves, but I would say that whatever CFRC processed your transfer to the reg force would be your place of enrollment.

If   that is the case I`m being processed through city B (where my reserve unit is and where I went to school).

Is this going to end up biting me? My MPRR has my current address and my Furniture and Effects as my mom`s house (City A),

runormal said:
If   that is the case I`m being processed through city B (where my reserve unit is and where I went to school).

Is this going to end up biting me? My MPRR has my current address and my Furniture and Effects as my mom`s house (City A),

The move of your (D)HG&E will normally be based on the "geographical" boundaries of your "transferring" Unit.  As a Component Transfer, these are the questions you need to ask from DMCPG 5-2 when and if an offer is made.

Back