• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Article Link

The Bible tells us that God created Adam and Eve just a few thousand years ago, by some fundamentalist interpretations. Science informs us that this is mere fiction and that man is a few million years old, and that civilization just tens of thousands of years old. Could it be, however, that conventional science is just as mistaken as the Bible stories? There is a great deal of archeological evidence that the history of life on earth might be far different than what current geological
and anthropological texts tell us. Consider these astonishing finds:

The Grooved Spheres

Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian - and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose is unknown.

The Dropa Stones

In 1938, an archeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture. Buried in the dust of ages on the cave floor were hundreds of stone disks. Measuring about nine inches in diameter, each had a circle cut into the center and was etched with a spiral groove, making it look for all the world like some ancient phonograph record some 10,000 to 12,000 years old. The spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains. The ships were piloted by people who called themselves the Dropa, and the remains of whose descendents, possibly, were found in the cave.
More on link

And here I thought we were going to talk about ER Campbell and Technoviking. rats..... ;D

Jim Seggie said:
And here I thought we were going to talk about ER Campbell and Technoviking. rats..... ;D

You do understand that you make that list too?  :)

Jim Seggie said:
:rofl:
You know, ER Campbell and Technoviking have yet to be seen together at the same place, at the same time.

Some dude admitted to making the whole thing up about the Dropa Stones.

This reminds me of Erich von Däniken, I have one of his German books, and even tho alot of what he writes is poorly backed up and sometimes false. They are still interesting book depending on your reading habits.   

Well maybe one of you old timers can shed light on the Antikythera mechanism, which seem to have been an ancient astronomical computer using some sort of clockwork mechanism.

TV will probably just try to claim it some kind of old mortar sight unit.  Then he'll start naming the parts from memory.    >:D

Michael O'Leary said:
TV will probably just try to claim it some kind of old mortar sight unit.  Then he'll start naming the parts from memory.    >:D

:rofl:

GAP said:
Article Link

The Bible tells us that God created Adam and Eve just a few thousand years ago, by some fundamentalist interpretations. Science informs us that this is mere fiction and that man is a few million years old, and that civilization just tens of thousands of years old. Could it be, however, that conventional science is just as mistaken as the Bible stories? There is a great deal of archeological evidence that the history of life on earth might be far different than what current geological
and anthropological texts tell us. Consider these astonishing finds:

The Grooved Spheres

Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator.....

These are natural occurring objects. See Klerksdorp_sphere

The Dropa Stones

In 1938, an archeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture. Buried in the dust of ages on the cave floor were hundreds of stone disks.

Ica Stones

I could go on, but I think you get my drift. In fact, the are only two objects on the list that are "real": the Antikythera Mechanism which is an ancient astrological computer and the Stone Spheres of Costa Rica which were made by local tribesmen.

Back