• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Texas war hero helps chase down suspects for police after his dog is shot

ENGINEERS WIFE

Inactive
Reaction score
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/04/09/9067986-ap.html

Texas war hero helps chase down suspects for police after his dog is shot

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A highly decorated U.S. navy SEAL who found his beloved yellow Labrador retriever shot dead outside his home helped capture the alleged gunmen following a high-speed chase through three counties.

Marcus Luttrell stayed on the line with a 911 operator April 1 as he tried to catch the fleeing suspects during the 65-kilometre chase that reached speeds of over 160 kilometres an hour.

Luttrell tells the Houston Chronicle that he warned the 911 operator to "get somebody out here because if I catch them I'm going to kill them."

Police stopped the suspects and charged two men with cruelty to a non-livestock animal. The driver of the vehicle was cited for not having a licence.

Texas Ranger Steven Jeter says there have five area dog killings in recent months that could be linked to the case.

Luttrell was awarded the Navy Cross for combat heroism in 2006. He was the lone SEAL team member to survive a June 2005 firefight with the Taliban in Afghanistan and was given a dog to help him heal after he returned from the war.

"When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, I've got to take these guys out," Luttrell said.

There's nothing lower than some pond scum bastards who would kill another mans dog! :threat:

I agree, especially under the circumstances that he got the dog in the first place.

I don't get why people do s**t like this.....going around killing dogs? they must feel really big and tough. Bunch of idiots, I hope they get life in prison.

That is above and beyond twisted. Who gets their jollies off of killing peoples dogs.

I agree this is very twisted. I hope these fellas get sorted out real quick. as far as 'who does this?' I remember reading something at one time that indicated a connection between repeated animal killings and possible future serial killers. Either way it takes a twisted and malevolent person to do something like that to someone's personal pet.

That's pretty disgusting... Just like around my area I've heard of things being buried in fields for dogs to eat and cause them serious illness.

I think it'd be safe to say that the bad guys were lucky that the cops got them and the Seal didn't.....The act itself is reprehensible of course - part of me wishes he beat the cops there. I'm sorry for his loss.

Smirnoff123 said:
That's pretty disgusting... Just like around my area I've heard of things being buried in fields for dogs to eat and cause them serious illness.

I seen on the news where someone put like a plate of muffins or something at the bottom of a tree at a dog park and they were laced with pesticide or something like that, lucky they found them before any dogs got to them.

Bob Lee Swagger: You don't understand how serious this is. They killed my dog.
:sniper:

Bane said:
Bob Lee Swagger: You don't understand how serious this is. They killed my dog.
:sniper:

Helluva book. It was given to me by an old English teacher when he saw that rather than paying attention to his class, I was reading a book about snipers (Silent Men).

Oddball

I seen on the news where someone put like a plate of muffins or something at the bottom of a tree at a dog park and they were laced with pesticide or something like that, lucky they found them before any dogs got to them.

Yeah that's what I was actually referring to, and a while back I heard about some guy burying razor blades and things for dogs to dig up as well.

Back