• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Testosterone Suppliments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohann

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I'm young, and I'm most definately not looking into steroids or anything stupid like that, but I read a topic on here a while ago about shin splints, blisters and physical training. I read that magnesium and zinc have been proven to produce a testosterone increase of up to 40%. I'm trying to build muscle and increase my fitness level significantly, but I have a question about a raise in testosterone (this might sound strange...): what are the side-effects, namely, does your sex-drive increase at all? Personally, I don't want it to, but it's purely out of curiousity (sorry for the strange question).

-Rohann

Also, does anyone know a good suppliment for magnesium and zinc? I have a magnesium suppliment here, but it's 300mg and the RDI is 350-500, and plenty things have a bit of magnesium in them so I don't want to overdo it.

-Rohann

just buy a good multi-vitamin, and if you wish, buy seperate supplements of zinc and magnesium. Go for the lower mg bottles. You can buy them in any drugstore or grocery store.

As for any other form of testosterone supplements, 99% are are crap.

Rohann,

I would strongly suggest that you do a lot more research into sport supplementation.  You are speaking of extremely advanced forms of supplementation which could be detrimental to your body.

An unnatural (supplemented) increase in testosterone can lead to many problems.  Here are some of the major.

-Shrinking of testicles
-Growing of breasts in men (gynomastia)
-Cancer
-Severe acne

....just to name a few.

You might want to stop by the PSP office to seek furthur advice on supplementation.

May I suggest you experiment with creatine, if you feel you need to supplement?

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not looking into taking any sort of suppliment besides magnesium and zinc; there is no way in hell I'm taking any sort of specific testosterone suppliment. For building muscle, I use protein powder, vitamines, eat a lot of meat, and am looking into upping intake of magnesium and zinc because I don't get the RDI for them daily. Are they dangerous?

-Rohann

Rohann said:
Thanks for the replies.
I'm not looking into taking any sort of suppliment besides magnesium and zinc; there is no way in hell I'm taking any sort of specific testosterone suppliment. For building muscle, I use protein powder, vitamines, eat a lot of meat, and am looking into upping intake of magnesium and zinc because I don't get the RDI for them daily. Are they dangerous?

-Rohann

ANYTHING in large quantity can be dangerous.  Before you start adding stuff to your diet like extra Zinc/Magnesium speak to your doctor.  Other than, that you can get Zinc/ Magnesium in a multi or seperately  in products like ZMass or ZMA

Multi Vitamins are very important, although get the more expensive ones from GNC, they are absorbed allot better, like 2-5x as much.

magnesium overdose can be bad, overdose problems include
Cardiovascular disease, muscle / joint pains,
dry skin, low stomach acid, low blood pressure,
depression, fatigue, higher risk for several
cancers, diarrhea, osteoporosis, joint / spinal
degeneration, dehydration, muscle spasms / cramps.

Make sure you take calcium sups if you decide to take mag sups, although it best just to get it from a multivitamin that has both.
This question is much better asked on bodybuilding.com

I think I'm going to get a decent multi-vitamine and a decent multi-mineral. The multi-vitamines I'm taking now (I can't remember the name, it's a well-known brand though) only have 50mg of magnesium in them, and I don't believe there is any zinc in them. So would you guys recommend getting good multi-vitamines and minerals instead of suppliments? The last thing I want to do is make something worse.

-Rohann

Watch out for zinc too...too much zinc can kill off your sense of smell.  Just be reasonable, eat right, and get plenty of exercise.  Being the army oughtta be enough testosterone boost for ya.  ;-)

Rohann said:
Well I'm young, and I'm most definately not looking into steroids or anything stupid like that, but I read a topic on here a while ago about shin splints, blisters and physical training. I read that magnesium and zinc have been proven to produce a testosterone increase of up to 40%. I'm trying to build muscle and increase my fitness level significantly, but I have a question about a raise in testosterone (this might sound strange...): what are the side-effects, namely, does your sex-drive increase at all? Personally, I don't want it to, but it's purely out of curiousity (sorry for the strange question).

-Rohann

Most men produce sufficient levels of testosterone well into their sixties. Since you are young you really don't need anything to boost testosterone levels. Many men over 40 respond well to DHEA, since DHEA levels begin to drop at that age. The problem is that it converts to testosterone and estrogen, which can upset the T/E balance. The end result is feminization and breasts, which depending on what your preference is, might be a good or bad thing :D  If you are concerned about it then have your testosterone level checked.

My advise is to stick with exercise and a good diet complimented by a multivitamin. Magnesium is good for heart arythmias and palpitations and provides eletrolytic balance, especially when combined with pottasium = which can work well if you are extremely active. But too much magnesium can give you the runs = which would be a drag in the field. :blotto:

Thanks for the posts.
I'm not worried about my testosterone level at all, I just read in the "shin splints and blisters" article that increased testosterone helps build muscle faster and more effectively, but I'm not taking anything that's going to potentially hurt my health. I'll stick to multi-vitamines and minerals.

Thanks!
-Rohann

buy your multis in a drug store and talk with the pharmacist about "dosages", just to make sure you're not "OD-ing" on anything.

Well I got some multi-vitamines and minerals. The multi-mineral contains 100mg of magnesium and a fair amount of zinc as well, so I'll just stick to these.

Thanks,
-Rohann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back