• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Telemarketers fined for violating Do Not Call list

ruckmarch

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
The CRTC today finally named and fined three telemarketers thousands of dollars for knowingly violating the National Do-Not-Call list.

It is the first time that any individual or company has been found guilty of contravening the almost year-old rule, which was designed to protect consumers who have registered with the free service.

Until now, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission has conducted its investigations into alleged violations in secret, refusing to even name the companies.

The CRTC announced this morning it had found that the three telemarketers had violated the National Do Not Call List (DNCL) Rules, despite being warned to change their ways, and were assessed fines:

• $4,000 fine to Rob Sugar, who runs a Toronto weight loss clinic

• $10,000 fine to Toronto-based Roofing by Peerless Mason Ltd.

• an additional $10,000 fine to Waterproofing by Peerless Mason Inc.

"The telemarketers were given opportunities to come into compliance with the National DNCL Rules, but failed to change their business practices," according a statement released by the CRTC.

In addition, they should be required to answer each and every phone call placed to thier residences by an automatic dialler between 5:30 and 8:00 PM weeknights for a year.

Haggis said:
In addition, they should be required to answer each and every phone call placed to thier residences by an automatic dialler between 5:30 and 8:00 PM weeknights for a year.

:rofl:  Excellent!!

PMedMoe said:
:rofl:  Excellent!!

And answer the calls in a proper polite manner.

How may I help you, as suppose to "How can I help you". Please and thank yous and all  ;D

ruckmarch said:
How may I help you, as suppose to "How can I help you". Please and thank yous and all  ;D

Yes, you can help me by not calling......ever!  ;D

What I really hate is that they won't take "no" for an answer.  How many times (and ways) can you say "I'm not interested"?  ::)

As far as  I am concerned I really think Telemarketers or any company should not be able to phone me at home .  They already flood our mail boxes with their junk mail  the phone should be free from this crap  .

Back