• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TCCCs Aide Memoire

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I have to bone up schnell on the system, anyone got the Aide Memoire, or a set of user notes for the system and it's components. Just something I can refer to quick if I can't remember what button to push. I want something I can carry in my pocket, not a set of tech manuals. PM me and I'll give you an email to send it to. Thanks.

There is a new one out 'in the system' somewhere.

I have a personally created a 'dummies guide' on how to get in to a vehicle and make TCCCS work.  I used it to help quick train many different rank levels at the Armour school.  If you want a copy of it, drop me a line.. I'll have to hunt it down when I get back to my wonderful shacks this afternoon (isn't IR great?!?!)

CFSCE has been handing out two little handbooks as of late, to sig ops at least... one is a small bright green book with all the user cards for the basic TCCCS gear (Including stuff you probably wouldn't need and will never see), and the other is a red flip book many of the user cards, as well as plenty of other useful signals information, an update of the old signals aide de memoir (The baby-blue ones that are still kicking around in droves, but largely useless on the technical end). It's not an "official" update as far as I know, not yet at least, but it was written by an extremely competent sgt from out west, and CFSCE is issuing it...

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my copy at the moment, anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Has anyone seen the "FlowChart" that was produced for operation and Trouble Shooting?  One page.  Covers most of what one wants to know, if you already have had training (otherwise it is just gibberish). 

If it's a flow chart on a single page, then at best, it's covering a single component of TCCCS... probably just a radio or a CI or some such thing...

The only flow chart I've ever seen are the menu flow charts, not much use for trouble shooting... just lets you know where everything in the menus are, saves a little time when you're looking for stuff...

If anyone *does* have a trouble shooting flow chart, for any of the kit, I'd be greatly interested, always comes in handy to have posted somewhere in a rad truck...

Operator Card - Publications Numbers for TCCCS

RADIO SET AN/PRC-521 - C-53-757-000/MC-001
RADIO SET AN/PRC-522 - C-53-771-000/MC-001

Annex F of the TP contains 15 handouts, which include the various flow charts as well as pictures/diagrams and other information.

The whole file is 38.3 MB.

Back