• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]

I‘ve looked though the faq for recruiting and all and can‘t seem to find anything on tattoos. I have probably more tattoos then your average joe, is this allowed or do they even care about them in the army? And yes some are visible even with a jacket and long sleeve shirt on. :fifty:

Canada sucks in big letters red and white letters on some guys *** ...lol...now thats offensive

hahahha i wouldn‘t think twice to punch that fool in the face if i saw that haha. Yea nothing that would offend anyone on me so great, thx for the input fellas

One of the guys in my BRT Platoon has over 30 tattoos, so it shouldn‘t be an issue at all.

Most of his are hidden, but he has a bunch on his wrists and forearms.

No tattoos on face or hands.

Not sure what they‘d do if you had them prior to joining, figure it‘s a moot point.

Don‘t bring it up at the recruiter!

PS- if you are in the habit of punching people for views you don‘t like, I‘d avoid the combat arms...it‘s gonna hurt!

Cheers-Garry

They have a big book full of tatoos that you can and cannot have. You are not even technically aloud to have a maple leaf on your shoulder as some gang in the east apparently had a maple leaf as their symbol. Hopefully they‘re lenient, and yes,dont mention it.

Some of the regulations are newer; while you may find many people who have been in for a while who are in violation, these are recruiting regulations. In other words, you can‘t get in with some of these particular tattoos, but if you have them already before the ban was put in place, you can stay in without being forced to have them removed.

I dont know, it‘s a violation however. Summary trial I guess.

The only restrictions against NEW tattooes while serving is that they cannot be above the neck line and not racist or otherwise offensive.I would imagine a charge and fine/extra duties would be the extent of the punishment for those who break this stupid regulation of tats above the neck line.

Really cause i have one above the neck line already, so i‘m on unelagable to join or?

Do you think that some JTF-2 operators have tattoos? Do you think it is accepted?

Ok. were did you get that information? So if they see you have a tattoo...dont even think about trying out ?

There are no restrictions on tats for JTF period end of story provided like the rest of the CF they are not rasist.
People read the fing posts,if you have a tat above the neck line already you are good to go,if you get a NEW one abve the neck line you are open to administrative or disclipinary action.

i got jump wings half way down my arms. how much flak can I expect? I did the course in 02 as an army cadet.

I see no problem with you joining with numerouse tattoos, my good friend has 33 and they are in good taste and he has not run into any problems.
As for no tattoos on your hand I dont know about that I just got a Maple Leaf tattoo‘d on my left hand and no one said anything to me about it.
I would recommend if you are still unsure to visit your local recruiting office and let thme have a look at what you got, they should help you out.
David
VVV

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could send me there army tattoos? I have seen a lot of USMC, and other ameican tattoos, but I havent seen any Canadian Army Tattoos. So if anyone can tell me a site or -email me pics that would be greatly appriciated :salute:

Back