• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Task force 3-09

theoldyoungguy

Inactive
Reaction score
just curious if anybody has heard anything about it. im only getting limited details here in afghanistan.

when is stand up for work up training? and what will the opportunities for reservists who are currently on deployment to deploy again?

cheers

Good luck - we've been asking for the last 6 mths .
Some (like my engineer comrades in my unit) are Aug/Sept.
Beyond that we've heard Sept/Nov/Jan.

There have been significant delays in formulating the plan for 3-09 due to changes in strategic direction, relief in place dates and sequencing issues with CMTC.  These have now been, to a large extent, resolved.

The current plan is to have TF 3-09 formally stand up Feb 09, with a somewhat reduced road to war (4 months of training have been eliminated).  Personnel requiring a PCF course may be required earlier than this, but report dates for such individuals will be determined on an individual basis.

Now that the plan has finally solidified, formal direction will appear fairly shortly.

Those currently deployed on 1-08 will likely not be eligible for deployment on 3-09 unless a formal OPTEMPO waiver has been approved.

TR

loyaleddie87 said:
just curious if anybody has heard anything about it. I'm only getting limited details here in Afghanistan.

when is stand up for work up training? and what will the opportunities for reservists who are currently on deployment to deploy again?

cheers
I made this public instead of replying via PM to try and help out others who may be in your shoes.

If you want to go back over as soon as possible (keeping in mind what Teddy said about op tempo)best thing is to keep in contact with a troop from your unit. When your unit asks for volunteers to go have him put your name in for you.
The army is sometimes iffy about sending reservists right back on tour. Some units won't let their guys go right back over for various reasons, others allow it.

I know you would like to get back on board with the battle group but at a pure guess the chances of you getting that may be pretty slim (as far as 0309 goes)
When I got home ( from 0306 in Feb 07) and signed up again to go back on 0308 members of my unit already began heading up to Petawawa to join in the rifle companies. That was March/may 07. The battle group didn't officially stand up until Jan 08.  The reservists headed up in may so they could get to know and work with the regs in the rifle platoons and mainly get lav gunner and driver courses etc..
Reservists have certain conditions when coming home (and don't quote me I'm going from a vague memory)  A member cannot be tasked outside of his unit within X amount of weeks or months from returning overseas. He or she then cannot spend more than X amount of months on a tasking away from home for the next 6 months or something like that.

That said reservist members who showed up in Petawawa in September 07 managed to make it into the battle group in a number of capacities. It all depends on their manning, shortfalls etc..

My best advice as someone who has done the 'I wanna go on tour dance' a few times is to not worry about it.
MUCH easier said than done.
The plan is ALWAYS changing and by the time it filters down to the troops the plan has already changed 3 times. You're going to frustrate yourself if you try to figure out whats going on too hard and loose morale. 
My room mate (a reservist)  augmented a rifle company in March 07 for 0308 and a month ago he was still unsure what his position would be and if he actually was going or not. Put your name in, cross your fingers and come up with a plan B and C.

Edited for grammar

Back