• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tank schematic drawing

qjdb

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi it's me, the guy who wants to paint his son's entire room in CADPAT  :eek:

Anyways, what I am looking for now, is a schematic drawing of the side / front / rear of a Leopard C2 tank.  I am going to build a shell around his bed, so that he gets to have the coolest 'racing car bed' ever.  OK, I know that I sound like a freak, but I'm really not, I just love my son, and he is totally into 'army stuff'.

There are lots of real-life photos out there, but I am looking for more of a 2-dimensional thing, like what you would see on house building plans.

Hopefully someone on here can help me.  I wil post photos when the project is complete.

Edited to Add:  I just found this page: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm , There are several drawings on here which one would most closely resemble the one that the CF uses?  There are side views of the Leopard 2A3, the 2A4, and the 2A6.  If I read it correctly, it is the 2A6 that I want, right?  Thanks.

qjdb said:
Hi it's me, the guy who wants to paint his son's entire room in CADPAT  :eek:

Anyways, what I am looking for now, is a schematic drawing of the side / front / rear of a Leopard C2 tank.  I am going to build a shell around his bed, so that he gets to have the coolest 'racing car bed' ever.  OK, I know that I sound like a freak, but I'm really not, I just love my son, and he is totally into 'army stuff'.

There are lots of real-life photos out there, but I am looking for more of a 2-dimensional thing, like what you would see on house building plans.

Hopefully someone on here can help me.  I wil post photos when the project is complete.

Edited to Add:  I just found this page: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm , There are several drawings on here which one would most closely resemble the one that the CF uses?  There are side views of the Leopard 2A3, the 2A4, and the 2A6.  If I read it correctly, it is the 2A6 that I want, right?  Thanks.

As a woodworker, I'd suggest (really - no kidding), getting a plastic scale model from a toy/hobby store and using that to scale your parts.
PLUS - you and your boy can build the model together, after you get all the dimensions you need.

I don't think you'll have much success at getting the type of drawing you're looking for.

Hmm... methinks I may have found something... 2 dimensional as requested. Not overly detailed "schematic-wise" and no measurements provided, but maybe it'll help. Although some are more detailed then others, there are drawings of the Leopard all the way the Leopard 2A6 (no Leopard C2 though :(, although I dont know if the Leo C2 bears a significant difference visually from some of the Leo drawings on the link below). Perhaps we can can call the assistance of one of the armored folks to point out the Leo drawings which bears closest resemblance to the Leo C2. (I by no means profess myself as a Leo expert in any way or form)

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/tanks/tanks-k-l/

Hope that helps, Good luck,

Eric

I use the blueprints.com site for my model building stuff. So it may help a bit. I use that, plus AUTOCAD 2008.

I"ll take a look around after work today for you. Yes I know it's 0638hrs 01 Jan 08.. but it's part of the trade. ;)

Back